Thursday, May 16, 2013

Last Day of Miss Dele's 3s.

Oh what a tearful mess I have been leading up to this day- the last day Lucas would walk into Miss Dele's class, but also the last day he would be with that group of friends he has been with for two years and the last day he enters school through the red doors. That is a lot of lasts, so for this sentimental momma it was over the top tear-fest. He has a tricky birthday being a May kid and since he is a pretty smart kid, we decided it was best to go onto preK this next year while many of his friends will stay in the 4s. I know in the big picture of life this isn't a big deal but it has been for me. He has such sweet sweet friends. I am so grateful that I know his Crosby will be with him next year. That is the one piece that gives me some sweet relief that everything is going to be OK. That and its the most precious school with the most godly teachers ever. 



Daddy always joins us for the first drop off and last drop off. Don't tell anyone, but he actually tears up more than mom on the actual day. 

This is my favorite. All the kiddos stand up out of their parent's windows and greet each other. It is so adorable. I love when Crosby is in sight because I always get a shout out too: "Miss Kawa Miss Kawa!"


On the last day we get to show up for their popsicle party. They are all so excited and all the mommies are choking back tears while snapping photos while the dads are oblivious to the whole thing as they chat about the latest sports headliner :) 

Lulu and Leilei. Best friends for life. Who knew that little playgroup of moms meeting for the first time with their newborns would end up in these kids spending time together every day. It is a beautiful thing God planned out for us. . .and them.


I brought a popsicle from home for Finn because I knew he would not understand why he didn't get one, so he was a happy camper in the corner with his own treat while I hung out with Lucas.

After popsicles, we all came in to hear their memory verses- they memorized one for each month and it was just precious, all the hand actions to go with their verses and then they ended with "The Lord's Been Good to Me"
Oh Miss Dele. It seems like yesterday we got our Snoopy Letter that she had Lucas and the squeals of delight when Lucas realized he got to spend every school day with one of his favorite people. We are blessed that Miss Dele is a permanent part of our family- surrogate grandma and number one babysitter but there is something so special about teacher- and he will forever be a better man because Dele taught him as a 3 year old.

They all had a book of their year, Dele worked hard to put pictures and projects for each month in their book for parents to look at.

Presenting the class gift to Dele. I asked Courtney to do the talking because I would just be a blubbery mess. 

She loved it! I had to print one out for myself later I loved it so much, what a great group of children.

If there was audio with these pictures you would be giggling with the shrieks and laughs these kids had while playing with little battery operated bugs that Dele gave them all. 


See how much these flowers have grown! I think Lucas actually grew more than that because he seems so much taller to me.


I was trying to get a picture of just Lucas and Mommy but Finn kept leaping into my lap and saying "cheese" really loud. It was pretty funny and the picture turned out cute so we will keep it.
Finn is still laying in my lap but we cropped him out for this one. Sorry Finn, it is Lucas' day.
A picture of the "Star of the Month" board, Lucas was the May star. It was mommy's hard project to have to limit myself to these pictures for the board. What in the world am I going to do on senior night for the slideshow?!
A little visit with Miss Lisa on our way out, Miss Lisa was Lucas' assistant teacher last year and she will have Finny this year- I am so excited for Finn!

Well red doors. My sweet Lucas won't come through you next year and that breaks my heart but you will get to see Finn each day and that is a sweet thing. What a beautiful gift this school is. Now to convince the school to go on till at least 2nd grade for this momma. . . 

No comments: