May 19th. This year on that day I turned 30. I wasn't really anxious about turning that number, but I had been quite suspicious that Josh was up to something when it came to my birthday.
I talked to this Mr. Josh about those suspicions and he kept promising that there were no such plans to do anything. My idea of a perfect day is to spend time with a couple good friends, or just have a great family day, eating at a restaurant, even going to Target by myself.
Just so you know my personality--here are some of my top fears/anxiety givers: 1.Surprises 2. Attention 3. Spending lots of money 4.Spontaneous Travel 5. Being away from my boys.
The 5 fears that you just read were given to me within 60 minutes. In fact, one reason I might be so behind on my blog is that I was dreading even writing about all this because as I type the heart palpitations are returning.
Walking into what I was told was my "little birthday dinner at Randal and Dele's" mmmhmmm. See that smile on my face? I am glad it was there because inside I was in 5 million places.
Do you see all these people? Wow. I sure do love all of them and I felt honored and humbled that they would show up for my birthday. Friendships sure are a gift. But, again, do you see how many people are there? A liiiiiiitle overwhelming. And I almost walked out of the house with my short shorts on and Josh was going to let me! Thank goodness Finn hugged me with a chocolate smeared hand and I had to change.
My great friend from college James who is married to my college roommate said the opening prayer, that was pretty meaningful.
And the amazing Cumberland Basin band starring my beautiful friend Amanda was playing. They did a beautiful job.
This guy right here is just relieved its all over. He had not been telling the truth for quite awhile. Pretty sure he knows he is going to get a talking to in the car on the way home;)
And Amy, what a gift of a friend. She worked so hard to pull things off and took so many pictures. I don't remember a thing from my own memory of the party but was able to recollect a bit (after I took the paper bag away of course) through the pictures she took.
My playgroup mommas. Life to me.
Elizabeth was so sweet to say something to me at the party- that was quite meaningful too. The best roommate I could have ever prayed for and life long friend by God's gifting. I am grateful.
Finn stole the show for a little bit with his dance skills. Of course he received zero attention at all, I mean why would you pay attention to this beautifully tanned, chubby legged in a bubble, spiral haired baby?!
I am not sure what is so funny here but this picture makes me giggle. I love my Dele.
I was so glad Ms Pat was there- she and I are common souls when it comes to parties and surprises and she gave me such encouragement :)
At last, the moment I felt like myself. The party was over, people were leaving, and I got to stand in a circle with the friends I can truly be myself with. They knew I was overwhelmed- oh did I mention Josh told me in front of everyone that we were leaving in 10 hours for NYC? Oh yea, there was that. These girls told me what to pack, to take deep breaths, and made me laugh.
The best gift God can ever give is life long friends. Happy Birthday to Me :)















No comments:
Post a Comment