How is it 20 months now? That is far too close to the number "24" which means he probably can only be called a baby for a little longer. Sniff. Sniff. This kid is adorable, he is talking so much and wants to do whatever brother does. He can also eat. Seriously, I had to make my breakfast 3 times the other morning because he and brother kept swiping it. I am fairly confident that Finn could down an entire watermelon in one sitting.
One of my favorite Finn moments this week was when he and I had a day while Lucas was at a camp. We saw a Finn McMissile in the store (of which we have a few) but this was a different one and it was $0.80. So, I gave it to Finn and he hugged it and hugged it. Poor kid isn't used to mommy buying him something, especially not what brother usually gets. He kept saying "Lightning Happy Lightning Happy" and in the back seat on the way home was trying to sing Finn's theme song in Cars. Best eighty cents spent ever.
Yet another fabulous event the children's ministry interns came up with: Trike Night. The kids could bring scooters, bikes, or trikes over to the church parking lot for a night of fun. First you had to go through the car wash:
Then you could stop at a station where Miss Janet would help you "Trick your Trike".
And yes, what would a church event for preschoolers be without a Tattoo Parlor?
The Kona truck stopped by! The kids were having so much fun with the trike stations that the parents thoroughly enjoyed making our own sno cones :)
Why just wash your car when you could wash your entire self?!
Time to soap up all our cars (and bodies) for a final rinse off.
At the end, Paige and Lucas were having quite the race, I am not sure whose trike Lucas took off with but hopefully they were ok with that. . .
Fast forward to Sunday. Mister cute bubble had a slight wardrobe malfunction but I dare say- this might be the cutest wardrobe malfunction I've ever seen. Seriously.
For father's day this year, we were blessed to have both of our fathers (meaning Poppa and Granda were here for the boys!). It was just a short time, but we enjoyed a Mexican lunch and the boys enjoyed being doted over and loved. Josh's parents had to head back to Michigan but my dad was able to stay for the afternoon so the boys all hung out in the bonus room eating M&Ms, playing games, wrestling and laughing. Sweet moments. It made me reflect on special memories I have of spending time with my grandfathers:
My Papa who lives in Texas along with my entire mother's side of the family. So many great memories of time in Texas and Colorado with my cousins, aunts and uncles, great aunts and uncles, but most of all: My Nana and Papa. I am still, and will always be my Papa Taylor's girl.
And then there is my "Dad" Mead. Many a summer trip to their house and funny adventures that you can only have with Bill and Catherine Mead were had growing up. Driving a tractor at way too young of an age, swimming in the cow's water hole, eating honey out of the jar, and pretty much anything else I wanted!
Lucas had to endure his 4 year old appointment. Poor thing, it was much more extensive than I had prepped him for- or myself for- we were there for over an hour! Finger pricks, measuring, vision and hearing tests and shots. He is now 38 lbs and 41.75 inches tall. After wards he got to have his day with Miss Dele and they had a lot of fun until his legs stiffened up and he had to be carried. He might have been squeezing all he could out of those shots but I do think his legs really hurt because its not his normal self to want to sit and not play with his friends.
Gasp- look what I walked into: cuddling brothers. Seriously my heart stopped. I almost didn't take a photo as to not ruin the moment but you know me, can I ever not take a picture? Just soak in this sweetness:
I think I need to go get those brothers and cuddle them myself.



No comments:
Post a Comment