Sunday, June 30, 2013

Playdates and More Playdates

Playgroup at Addy's grandparents pool- our favorite hang out spot with the littles. Crosby and Lucas of course made a beeline for the rocks.


Fearless Lucas is off! I know, I know, we just had swim lessons and I put a float on him. We all decided that when its just mom bringing more than one kid to the pool- everyone gets a float. It is just too chaotic and too easy for something to happen.


Can you believe it? 16 kids now! That is a lot of puddle jumpers. . .  We have given up on everyone looking and smiling, or everyone looking for that matter. As long as there is a physical body in the photo it counts!


Lucas was sweet to help brother swim around, Finn felt like such a big boy and I could tell he felt special that Lucas was leading him around.


The triplets preparing to jump. I am looking forward to these three being in school together this fall, I am sure some great memories and deeper friendships are in the near future.


Josh would love if we could go ahead and draw up some documents for an arranged marriage with miss Addy Lou. I wouldn't mind it myself and let me say that Jenny and I would be the worlds best mother in laws. 



Finn loved saying "hep" (help) to get into the water and then he learned to kick around where he wanted to go and was so proud of himself. It helped that this was  a salt water pool and he could float a bit better. 



I got to have a Lucas date all day on Saturday. We went and did errands- Lowes, groceries, buying some birthday gifts and then after lunch we went to see. . . Monsters University! Look who happened to be seeing the movie the same time as we did:



Lucas loved the movie and I loved having a special day with him. Afterwards I needed to make a return and it turned into quite a hassle in a very very busy mall. I told Lucas, "I am sorry buddy, are you frustrated with mommy that we have to do this?" "No mommy, I am good, just take a deep breath". What a sweet boy.

We decided to go downtown for story time with Leilei and Brooke. The kids had fun, especially at the fountain afterwards.


I was quite certain someone was going to fall in but we all stayed dry miraculously. 



The next day held yet another play day with friends (I am earning some mommy bonus points here- they better remember this when I need to run errands all day). 

We were officially southern today. It was blazing hot and we went to Edwin Warner Park to play in the mud. Yes mud. The kids had a blast getting dirty, wet, muddy, and then splashing in the creek. 





After this playdate, we were hot, tired, dirty, and mommy was wishing my car came with a shower head to wash everyone off. Would I get in trouble if I ran the kids through a car wash? Just kidding. Maybe.

The fun didn't end for the mommas- we finally arranged for a night when we could all go out to dinner, so after we got the kids home and cleaned up, we left them with their daddies and we went to Urban Grub. YUM. I ate so much food I could hardly move afterwards. Popovers, yummy salad with huge chunks of bacon, shrimp and grits. I can't say too much more because I am making myself hungry.

Between the food, the perfect patio table, the company and the endless laughs, it truly couldn't have been a better night.


Lucas loves to dress up these days. You never know who he will be, a meerkat, a princess, or a superhero, he truly keeps us on our toes. Like when I came into the room and saw Green Lantern watching cartoons: hilarious right?


Our June ended with yet another children's ministry event: Faith night at the sounds game. Lucas immediately found his friends and they chased, ran, tried to get every snack the vendors offered, and laughed until we all called it quits because of the younger siblings ;)



See you in July!

No comments: