One of our favorite summer spots is the splash park downtown Nashville. It is nestled right between Titans stadium and the river so there is a lot to see and do- not that the boys want to do anything but play in the water. We took Sugar and Granda with us so they could see how much fun it was.
The boys played for almost 2 hours, way past lunchtime, but I couldn't bear to break the fun up- this was the first time I have ever seen them play so well together for such a long time. Belly laughs, squeals and giggles as they chased and copied each other the entire time.
Off to Lipscomb for their annual firework show! This is our favorite, we end up sitting in "Otter Creek land" were everyone sets up their blankets and chairs and the kids get to run around with friends, parents can chat and the firework show is just awesome.
This is the third year that Crosby and Lucas played together before the fireworks. So of course I had to make a collage! Love these boys, and I love that they match in every picture and have the same shoes.
I wanted to get a family photo and look who popped right up to stand with us- love that Crosby and I will take him any day in my family.
The boys thought it was hilarious that they could scream and barely hear each other. The headphones were a HUGE help- Lucas is quite terrified of the loud fireworks so he watched them from inside the Bible building wearing the headphones.
Poor Lucas, for several nights after people were shooting off fireworks and it was quite loud at our house. I told him that sometimes it helps to be brave if you sing a song so he, with a teary and shaky voice, sang every verse and chorus of "Bless the Lord Oh My Soul". Break my heart.
Well, our 4th that is usually celebrated with a neighborhood parade, a pool party, and cookouts was not to be. It poured buckets all day. Actually it was quite nice, after an eventful week and company it was refreshing to put our sweats on and be lazy.
But we did take a break to go in search of some puddles to splash in.
Happy 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment