It is spring program time! I just love watching those sweet babies on stage singing. Really, if they stay on stage it is quite the accomplishment, but smiling and singing is icing on the cake and Lucas did such a good job. Of course he was quite the dapper little man, this bowtie might just be my favorite little boy accessory.
Lucas and his teacher, surrogate grandmother, and so many other roles. What a sweet gift to be in her classroom this year.
Our little family. Notice it is a spring program and Finn is wearing a cardigan and a snowman shirt. It was cold and we were expecting snow flurries- not sure how this is Nashville.
They sang such sweet songs and even recited all of their Old Testament books. I would like to tell you that when we quizzed Josh he got them all correct. . .however. . . ;)
Found my other favorite boy and had to snag a photo. Not sure why Finn is trying to eat him or kiss him but we all sure do love that sweet Crosby!
On the first day of spring break, we found ourselves wanting to be lazy and cuddle up- after all this might be the coldest spring break in TN history. Lucas and I read the story of Easter together and when we got to the part where Jesus died, he teared up. Such a sweet heart.
We decided to pretend like it was warm and wear our Easter outfits to go see the bunny. Not sure why we go see the bunny but we do. First of all, the bunny doesn't really play a part in our Easter week, second of all, usually the mall bunny is a bit creepy. I took a few sweet photos of this baby in a bubble first. It was so cool outside I was hoping his little bunnies didn't freeze in this outfit but we must but southern style above comfort right? ;)
Those curls. . . those shoulders. . .
So we get to the mall, Lucas is jumping with excitement and gave the very best smiles. Finn. Well, I might still have nail marks in my shoulder from him clinging on. Oh well, I enjoyed the cuddles.
Finn has started to want to be a part of everything, it is so sweet. After meals, he picks crumbs up to hand them to me, he will grab a broom and help sweep, and he loves to wash his hands.
Lucas has grown so much we decided it was time to get a bigger bike. The box said, "assembles in minutes" so we told Lucas he could stay up until it was finished. It took 2.5 hours. he stuck it out though and rode it a bit in the hallway before we took it out the next day for a test run.
Easter party with our playdate friends! When I was getting the house ready for our friends to arrive, Lucas asked, "so when are we going to put Easter stickers up?" (I put window stickers on the sliding doors for holidays). I pointed to the door and said, "don't you see the bunnies and eggs on the door?". His reply? "I don't see a cross, Jesus, or God anywhere". Point taken.
How are these sweet kids so big already? My goodness, time needs to stop. At the same time though, this is such a fun age and I love every minute.
It is really sweet to think that this all started with just us mommies and our firstborns laying on blankets on the floor while we sat around getting to know each other and lean on each other.
Finn wasn't quite sure of putting the eggs in the basket and leaving them there. I mean, after all, they had candy in them!
Stopping to eat on some snacks.
Forever friends whose children will be forever friends. What a rare and sweet gift.
Easter Party number 2! Lucas was excited to get his egg hunt on. You can't tell, but it was another weirdly cold day in Nashville. This is a special egg hunt at our friends home, the kids have a blast and we get to sit and visit with some great friends.
and speaking of friends, here is the top notch one right here, Carly! Carly and I don't get to spend enough time together, but when we do I just leave full of joy and smiles.
Check out who tolerated the bunny!
Of course Lucas will always pose and hug the bunny. Maybe brother will next year.
Found two cuties in the cabin!
My favorite photo ever. In fact, I love this photo so much that I blew it up onto a canvas. The back story to this was it was not only nap time but he had been quite fussy and I attributed it to teething because he was drooling and chewing on my toothbrush all day. If I had only known he was fighting an ear infection, but I didn't even guess that, even though he was stumbling quite a bit. But those are the things you only see looking back.
Kingford and Finn. Related in some crazy way through marriage. I can't ever figure those things out.
LuLu squared bonding with Mr. Bunny. (they both are called LuLu)
Happy Easter! Jesus is Alive! Lucas got to be in big church with us and he was so good and really participated, sang the songs he knew and even raised his hand when he saw daddy doing it.
Ok, so that was our spring break and Easter. Maybe once the weather warms up we will do more spring break activities :)


No comments:
Post a Comment