Well, spring break was not only cold and rainy but it is a full week of events when you are a preachers kid, so daddy took a day off the week after break so we could go to Chattanooga for the day. We had a BLAST. I really don't know why we don't go more often, we ate breakfast at home and got to the aquarium right after it opened.
Finn was not a fan of the snake but I thought this photo was hilarious. Lucas and Josh both hid behind the stroller too, I was trying to be the cool mom and be ok with that thing!
There are two sections of the aquarium so we took a break in the middle to have lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger. Fun place, and the shakes were yummo but the wait and the food wasn't my best memory. Oh well, at least we were all together.
Sharing a chocolate marshmallow shake with this one. I'll share my milkshake with him any day.
Someone is getting a liiiitle independent which makes it hard when it would be great if he stayed in a stroller, but oh well, as long as he had lovey in one hand and mine in the other we were good. He is trying to say words like "happy" "please" and "up".
Lucas' favorite was the penguins. He was glued to watching them swim around and look at him, I think he could have stayed there forever but there was the whole "Finn won't stay in a stroller" thing so on we went. . .
Continuing with our spring break activities the week after spring break, we headed to the zoo. Here is a picture of the triplets ;) They will all be in school together. Finn had a swollen eye that was weeping by the time we left. I thought it was allergies. . .
Fast forward to Saturday morning. He woke up with both eyes swollen shut. Not just his eyes were swollen, his whole face. Off to the doctor we go. Double ear infection. It had probably been there for awhile. Now this mom is thinking back to 2 weeks ago when his balance was off quite a bit but of course he never cried or stopped eating to let us know something wasn't right. Poor buddy.
We left the doctor in plenty of time for Lucas' game.
I could definitely tell growth from just a few months ago but the most important part is that he is having fun. They won their first game and Lucas had an awesome throw in. Keeping Finn off of the field is a full time job, and he could probably play just as well or better than some of the kids! You know you are a Brentwood soccer player when you get a halftime snack and an after the game snack ;)
Mcdougals recently opened in Nolensville. Proving once again that Nolensville is the best place to live. Ever. After you are done, you get a little ice cream and Finn was enjoying it, even his belly button was enjoying the drips!
Our beloved Miss Dele was out of the country on a fabulous trip so I took the opportunity to pop into school and put together a little Pinterest project. I just love how it turned out. I wish I could freeze time and keep this sweet friends together forever. Lucas' first answer was "stylish". On the 2nd try he said "basketball player" so we went with that ;)
Another soccer Saturday, another halftime snack.
Look who we found at the ball field! Next season these boys better be wearing the same color jersey.
We had a fun playgroup playing in the mud. Well, Finn and Milly thoroughly enjoyed it. Crosby and Lucas stayed inside and dressed up like princesses. Oh well ;) Finn and Milly were so cute and they ended their play time by taking a bath in Courtney's laundry sink.
I mean, how cute is this kid? Now that he has healed from his ear infections, he has all of a sudden starting getting into repeating words and saying things like "cracker" and spinning in circles till he falls over laughing, and he loves to squeeze me so tight so I can't lay him down in his bed.
Look who is 18 months! He has so many teeth now, he is 28.10 lbs (94%), 33.25 in (74%) and perfect in every way. The only time this sweet one cries these days is when he finished his popsicle.
A baby and a bubble. Enough said.
Josh was out of town one Saturday and I was so proud of Lucas for getting in the game and playing hard for coach Nick. They were pretending to be a brick wall, I love the serious faces and poses.
A teacher sent this to me from school of these buddies waiting to be picked up. Lucas adores his little friends- and I think they adore him back.
Well, another sign that my big boy really is getting to be a big boy. He asked for the rail to come off his bed. I was expecting a meltdown at bedtime and begging for it to come back but he did great!
Lucas has been so funny these days. I told him we needed to go to Publix real quick and he responded, "I think I'll just stay here" to which I said, "Well, I can't leave you here alone buddy". "But God is always with me", "Ok Lucas, I am not leaving you and God here alone." To which he brilliantly replied, "But Jesus is here too and that makes three".
Sweet Finn is now saying "Dele" "Randal" "puppy" and "no". He sadly started wheezing again which I thought would be the normal breathing treatment and croupy sound and we would be over it but this time it was worse. There is nothing like the fear of watching your child's neck and chest suck in at every quick breath- his breathing rate was so high we almost took him to the ER again but some steroids called in along with his nebulizer finally slowed it down. He will now be referred to as an asthmatic and we will most likely go to a daily steroid to keep this from happening again. I was honestly glad for a diagnosis- now we know how to help him and keep him from getting so sick. Only problem was we were about to fly to California. He sounded terrible, I mean just awful so I got so many ugly stares in the airport and on the plane. He would get into awful coughing and wheezing fits. I was hoping the ocean air would help him once we got there.
Welcome to California! Lucas was excited to be there, Pepperdine is a gorgeous place, not sure you can find a more beautiful setting.
Oh this kid and his lovey. He wouldn't let it go through the scanner at the airport so lovey had to get a pat down to make sure he wasn't dangerous. That made both myself and the security guard laugh.
My cool California dudes.
Next up: California Fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment