Thursday, May 23, 2013

NYC

Well, by the time we got home from the surprise party I had to pack and sleep before getting up to leave the house at 5AM for the airport. I don't usually handle these kinds of circumstances well- I am a planner and like to be prepared so this was a stretch for me. I might have been just a bit tearful during the first part of our trip away;)

Here is what we did while in NYC- we went to the 9/11 Memorial. Truly stunning and humbling.


The city takes some getting used to so I was looking for something familiar to do, so we went into Queens to catch a baseball game!

 If you ever find yourself in Times Square- the best coffee shop is Cafe Bene. We went there 3 times, you would too if this was your breakfast:

This put a little pep in my step. Chocolate heaven.


We went to see Wicked! It was spectacular, and a lot more funny than I was expecting.


I was a pro at the subways after our two days in NYC.
 We spent one good chunk of the day walking around Central Park.
 And after all that walking, a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity's was a must.

It was fun NYC! But now I am ready to go home and recover from all this surprise madness and see my boys :)

On our way home, a major delayed flight was not the most fun experience- especially when we are trying to figure out how we are going to get home when they cancel our flight- but look who we ran into: our neighbors and good friends from Michigan! It was so good to break bread with them and catch  up on the airport floor.





No comments: