I think this is the only weekly photo that is in PJs. . .and he is freshly bathed, can't you just smell the Johnson's baby shampoo from where you are sitting? We had to take our Friday picture on a Thursday night because we were leaving very early in the morning for the BEACH! Yahoo!
The boys were great on the trip, it is about 7.5 hours to Gulf Shores. We only stopped once at Chick Fil A for some lunch and the rest of the time they either napped or watched Bugs Bunny. I will say after stopping for lunch in Alabama, my kids don't have any twang at all compared to those kids! Wow. Talk about stretching out some words.
Here is his first view of the beach. He was so excited!
Finn was a little more skeptical of the sand, he wasn't quite sure what we just sat him down in.
It was adorable to watch and I am pretty sure he wore Miss Amy out, but he and Amy would run down the sand and into the water and just giggle and do it all over again.
Enjoy the cuteness of all the following photos, we had so much fun and the boys loved it. Finn only tried to eat sand once and didn't try again, he would just crawl all over the sand and into the waves all day. Lucas would play in the water some, but was much more fascinated with playing construction cars and building sand castles, traffic jams, and volcanoes. I loved watching his imagination.
Going to the beach in October is the perfect time--not a lot of people, no waits at restaurants, it isn't blazing hot, and the water is still warm!
My LuLu was over the moon that there was a restaurant named after him :) Lucy Buffet's restaurant is in Gulf Shores and it was yummy--shrimp, fried okra, gumbo, fried green tomatoes, grilled mahi, and tea is what I had.
And presenting, the cutest pumpkin in the patch. He is now "talking" a lot more, including momma and dadda which he directs at us, and I think he might be calling Lucas baba but I am not positive on that. The boys have really become better friends this week, chasing, crawling and giggling with each other. This was also the week that a sweet, faithful, beautiful woman at church died suddenly so it has been a hard week--thankful this life isn't the end of the story or these kinds of "unfair" circumstances would be maddening and heart shattering.


2 comments:
OMGoodnees! I love the one of Finn engulfed by the waves....you are getting really good at getting "THE" picture. And the ones of the brothers together. Lucas is so used to having his picture taken...it is so cute!
October is my favorite time at the beach too, for the same reasons you stated. Being an hour away from it should mean that I am there the entire month, but those boys grow up and get really BUSY! Enjoy this time.
Post a Comment