Monday, September 10, 2012

Cute just keeps getting cuter.

 We started out our week celebrating our friend Charlotte's 3rd birthday at Monkey Joes- one of our favorite places! Lucas was so excited, I think he asked me 50 times when exactly we were going to go.

Lucas loves the slides. Now, parents aren't allowed to "play", they can only "assist" so I will sometimes "assist" and make sure he is having fun:) Lucas got to the point where he would run and leap off the top of the slide going airborne until he would absolutely fly down the slide with shear joy on his face. He did this over and over again for the 2 hours we were there.

Mr. Finn loved the little bouncy area. It was filled with fun, colorful animals and some of his little friends. Their shrieks and leaps were so cute to watch. I mean, how deep are those dimples?


47 Weeks. It was time for another picture showing off those sweet thighs and arms. Problem is, I couldn't choose between these two pictures. So. Enjoy them both.



He is getting so much better at standing. No steps yet. He will stand and clap with excitement, sweet thing. If I hand him a certain book and ask him to open it up and pat the monkey, he will flip the pages until he sees the monkey and will pat it with that sweet chubby hand. Brilliant isn't he?


Soccer game #2. I was SO PROUD of that boy. We told him he didn't need to worry about the ball, but he just needed to run and have fun being a teammate. And he did! His running was so intense and adorable.



Something about the way Lucas looked on Sunday and his sweet personality just begged for pictures. And how surprised was I when he was so excited to take pictures! Pretty sure I need to go frame shopping to put these fabulous photos in.






We have had quite the battle this week keeping Lucas in his room at bedtime. He is testing that boundary for sure but with the most clever, imaginative requests I have ever heard! This week Lucas "read" Go Dog Go to me. Of course it was just his memorized version but I loved how proud he was. That got me thinking about how much he loves letters so we tried out some spelling and guess what. . . he can now read 5 words. I can spell them out loud or write them down and he knows what they are! 

LuLu, Lucas, Finn, Dog, Cat. 

Those moments are my paycheck. 

No comments: