Wow. As I uploaded photos of the last week, I was overwhelmed by how much we did and how much we had doing it! I know I say this all the time, but I sure do love this stage, both boys are at a great age to go and do and have fun.
I caught the boys wrestling on night, all I heard were loud giggles from both and I had giggles myself when I saw that it wasn't just Lucas doing the tackling and rolling around--Finn got his share in too. If Lucas only knew how quickly the younger brother was gaining on him.
In the boy's bathroom I have all sorts of photos up of Lucas having bath time fun but none of Finn! So I decided to remedy that, only problem is they all turned out too cute. Finn was playing peek-a-boo with me and making such sweet faces each time.
The day we have been counting down to: Snoopy Day! Lucas was beyond excited. Going to school this year will be so much easier on my mommy heart because I know how much he loves being there.
Running into his new classroom to "snoop" around with his friends and new teacher, Miss Dele. It is such an adorable class, we have some sweet friends from last year in our class and some sweet new friends. I am so excited to see how Lucas grows this year!
While the kids are snooping, the parents meet with Miss Pat to fill out paperwork, talk through all the things we need to know. I just sit there grateful and humbled that my son gets to be in a school full of teachers that love him *almost* as much as I do :)
Speaking of growing. . .Miss Dele marked how tall they were on this first day. See the writing at the way top?
Yes, that would be Lucas up there. I didn't realize he was that tall for his age group.
Finn needs a thought bubble that says "wow brother, your classroom is really cool!"
As we were leaving, we saw a familiar face pop into the hallway. Seeing Miss Lisa made me cry all over again, what an amazing teacher she was for both Lucas and mommy last year! Lucas and Lisa just beamed and hugged on each other. I am glad she will be there to give him a hug on his school days.
Taking some "red door" photos with friends. We will do our official one on Tuesday with our first day of school outfit:)
The Snoopy Day celebration didn't stop there! After a good afternoon nap and being here for our air conditioning to get a check-up, we headed out to the Williamson Co. Fair. I am telling you, this fair is amazing. It really is geared towards younger families and they do such a good job of keeping it sweet, fun, lots to do, great volunteers, amazing fair food, and so much more!
We stayed at the fair for about 4.5 hours, not leaving until after 10PM! Both boys were just phenomenal. Lucas loved the rides, we got him an unlimited ride bracelet and he rode 15-20 rides.
Here is Lucas last year (funny enough, in the same shirt, but a different size, totally didn't plan that!) Look at what a baby he is!
My little buddy Lucas with baby Finn in my belly :)
Lucas this year and all his farming produce. This little farm experience is such a neat thing.
What is my favorite thing about the fair? fair food of course! fried oreos, funnel cake, corn dogs, 96 oz. of sweet tea (yes that is how much I bought), fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, homeade ice cream, and turkey legs. . .apparently Finn will be taking after me!
Lucas and mommy on the spinning tea-cup ride. His giggles on this were my favorite part of the evening. I spent all day Friday being extremely dizzy but I would do it all over again to have that fun with him.
10 PM was little brother's limit. He was out.
43 Weeks! He learned how to drink sweet tea from a straw this week and his 5th tooth broke through! I put him in this little jogging suit outfit that I had memories of Lucas in, so I searched for a comparison photo to show you and wow--are my boys so different or what?!
At this age, Lucas was king of the scrunchy face. It was hilarious, anytime I tried to take a photo of him, he would do it.
and. . .check this out. . .I thought Finn's gapped teeth were so much more prominent than Lucas' ever were. . .but I think they look just about identical to this smile :)
Ok ok one more of Lucas at this age. I mean. The eyes.
Allright, we got all those photos out of the way, just get ready. This week we have our first soccer practice and first day of school. I might have some photos from that :)


2 comments:
Kara, I really appreciate these posts. I love seeing the boys grow and you do such a great job of capturing and sharing the story. Thanks.
I am loving Blogs! I may start one! You guys are such wonderful parents! keep up the awesome work Kara! love you guys!
deb
Post a Comment