Whenever we found out that Finn was a boy, I was immediately excited to have "brothers" in the house. I could already envision best little buddies playing cars, running, shooting hoops, and cuddling during cartoons together. For the most part, right now the boys do their separate things--when all a baby does is eat, cry, sleep, and lay somewhere, they aren't that intriguing to a 2 year old.
Until now. I am catching glimpses of a friendship budding. Finn just beams anytime he sees Lucas and will maneuver himself so he can watch what Lucas is doing. Anytime we are out and about or if I have my hands full, Lucas will say sweet things like "it's ok baby brudder" or he will quickly go into "Twinke Twinkle Little Star" because that always makes Finn smile.
I loved watching the boys play with the same toy this past week.
It was so sweet to watch them both together.
Here is my 6 Month Tiger!
Speaking of 6 Months, we went to the doctor this past week, so here are the stats: 18.5 lbs (67%), head (74%) and length (90%). He got 6 shots but I made sure to remind him that it was all the nurse's fault and I had nothing to do with it, but I would save him ;) He of course was smiling again after a few tears. After he reached over and took a bite out of my watermelon the day before, I was certain he was ready for some food. Doctor Reid agreed---give this boy some food! The APA now recommends no cereal or food till they get to 6 months, which is different from when we had Lucas. He grew fine on milk alone!
Daddy had the honors of feeding Finn the first time. This was his face when we told him he got to have sweet potatoes:
Even brother got in on the excitement.
I like it! Finn proceeded to eat the entire container, and has eaten each entire container we have presented to him so far. At one point, he was grabbing Josh's hand and dive bombing the spoon with his head. I have a feeling he won't be a picky eater ;)
Happy 27 Weeks Finn! So far he has had: sweet potatoes, squash, and sweet peas! This week he is working on his "b" sound and can get pretty much anywhere he wants by rolling, circling, and pulling.

No comments:
Post a Comment