Friday, April 13, 2012

Say It Isn't So


 My dearest Finn,
         How can you possibly be half a year old already? I still feel like I am getting the hang of this two child thing and still getting to know who you are and at the same time I can't imagine our world without you in it.
        You ooze sweetness and contentedness. You are just happy to "be" and light up when someone looks at you, and if they are lucky, they get to see those two big dimples and a gummy smile with one white tooth.
       You can roll around and pull yourself to where you want to be, but no crawling or sitting up yet, although you are close! You love to squeal and say a lot of "ohs" and your chuckle. . .love that chuckle. Almost as much as I love your rolls--you have them everywhere!
       Your routine is just like your personality--easy, and no drama. You sleep all night long, you only eat 4 times a day and if you are tired and need to sleep, you find your thumb and take care of it yourself.
      You don't fuss unless you are uncomfortable, hungry, or tired. You are learning to reach for people you recognize and if you get them, you grab their face and give them a big sloppy kiss. Now that you are moving more and can hold toys, I am beginning to see you and Lucas interact and it makes me excited for your friendship to come. You love any attention that he gives you--even if it is when he doesn't know what "gentle" or "quiet" means, you smile at him anyway, but if you can get near his blonde hair you grab it as tight as you can. I tell Lucas it is an accident--I think you are just warning him that you will be bigger than him one day;)
     I am anxious to go to your doctor's appointment Monday and see how much you have grown. Now that you are 6 months, we will start baby food! My prediction is that you are going to  devour it.
   I love your cuddly little self and love getting to watch you learn about the world around you. I am so proud of who you are---you are smart, you are sweet, you are special. Happy half a year birthday little buddy!

Love, Mommy
   

And I can't let you go without this weeks photo, can I?

2 comments:

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

He is just too cute. I want to pick him up and cuddle him!! Happy 6 months Finn!

Josh said...

Great blog, love. You are the best mom. Serious. You rock.