Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Week

      Again, I know I am behind, but this time I have a good reason! I was all set to update you with sweet stories and yummy pictures and I got an error message on the blog: I had run out of room. Gasp! I know, my heart just about escaped out of my throat. How could this be? Of course they offered me the option of buying more space, so until I can print off my blog into book format for memory sake---they got my $5. 

   So now that the blog is fixed, here is your matchy matchy photo of the week:


And this is what I walked in the room to see when Finn woke up one morning last week. He had taken his shirt off of one arm. Seriously? Lucas can't even do that! The next morning, he had untied his bumper and had pulled it off one side of his crib. I think this child will be the one I have to watch ;)

  So I am still here, and will still be blogging. Oh, that was until my computer then gave me the message that my start-up disk was nearing its end. Seriously? Two days after the blog incident? One day before Easter festivities started? Say it ain't so.

No fear, one visit to the Genius Bar (love those people!) had my anxiety level back down and a plan in place to store things better, safer, and have room for the future. Ok, now can we move on from this debacle? Let's. Starting with the oh so sweet Easter party at Lucas' school. I can't post photos on my blog of all these sweet children but let me say what a sweet morning that was to watch them. Miss Julie and Miss Lisa are angels and love those children so much. Here is our family photo from the morning:


And later on that day was Opening Day for the Tigers! 


We shall sneak in a sweet 25 Week photo. Finn's first tooth is now very visible and you can now tell that another one is working its way out. I just know when the doctor gives the all clear for food (probably at his 6 month appointment next week) that he is going to devour it. This child reaches for everything in site food wise, he even tries so hard to drink out of straws. 


This weather in Nashville lately has been incredible. Cool mornings, warm afternoons, the bluest skies with a slight wind and gorgeous sunshine. Perfect for an Easter Egg Hunt! 
 Lucas' expression when the Easter Bunny came out was the best. Tongue hanging out, that boy ran is heart out into the bunny's arms. My favorite moment of the day.

 3...2...1.. go! Lucas came back with a basket full of pretty eggs full of candy that Mom has been enjoying during nap time ;) 
 I was overwhelmed with feeling so blessed this day. It was a gorgeous day, I was watching my sweet boys smile with pure joy, had great conversations and laughs with treasured friends, and ate the best food. I am thankful.

 Emily and Natalie. I just love them. Secretly (well its not a secret now since I am writing it on my blog!) I wish I was in high school again so I could hang out with them :) I consider them great friends and wish with everything in me that Finn grows up to have friends like these girls. I honestly have not ever met such amazing, mature, beautiful seniors as these two.
 Seriously? Stop the cuteness. You are looking at the official 6 month photo of Sir Finn. 
 Easter morning.We did our Easter baskets on Saturday since Mommy goes solo Sunday morning, but to be honest I really struggled with the Easter basket thing this year. I didn't grow up with that tradition, and I get really nervous about confusing the excitement of a bunny who is fake and gives you "stuff" overtaking the pure joy of worship and celebration that our Lord is alive. So-- please don't be offended if you do this tradition, I just didn't know how to do it "well" in our family without confusing Lucas and I really wanted him to get why Easter was so exciting. We had a lot of fun this weekend and made sure we kept reminding Lucas why we were celebrating...our Jesus is Alive! 

So, we enjoyed and had fun with the bunny part Saturday, with baskets of a few goodies from mommy and daddy to the boys. and the Easter Eggstravaganza Party, but  Sunday, we woke up in anticipation to go to church as a family and worship!


During worship, Lucas really liked the song "Shock Hallellullah" and I got a great video of him singing it afterwards which I sent to the writer of that song who got a kick out of that. 

We had a delightful lunch with some of our Nashville family outside in the beautiful weather. It was the best to be able to sit down and have a great lunch while the kids could run around and giggle outside. After lunch, the kids and Josh swam in the pool a bit, but of course we had to get a family photo first!
 While the boys swam and the girls ate popsicles pool-side, Finn found himself a comfy spot in the high chair for a little nap.

2 comments:

Donna said...

So much to love in this post. I think your solution to celebrating Easter is perfect. Sunday is for Jesus! I'll be interested in hearing about where you decide to turn your blog into a book. I need to do that, too with my retirement year blog.
Thanks for sharing your family here.

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

Cute pics!! My computer just told me the same thing about my start up disk:( Guess I need to head to the Apple store too!