Well, our daddy is back which makes the whole world better! He had a wonderful trip and of course had a wonderful welcome home. Both boys were just precious when they saw Josh walk in. Lucas was over the moon and just hung all over Josh and as soon as Josh peeked into Finn's crib, Finn started squealing and grabbing at Josh's face. Precious.
This morning was Finn's 24 week mark and look what appeared to celebrate. . . a new tooth! He has been trying so hard to grab any piece of food off the table or any drink in our hand. I think he is getting ready to eat lots of food and not be picky one bit.
We should probably back up slightly and let you see Finn's 23 week picture. This week has been so much fun with daddy home, playing outside, getting back in the school routine, and basic catch-up that I forgot. So, you get an added bonus. . .the big brother comparison photo.
And 24 weeks:
We had some fun events this week, we saw the Easter bunny! Please excuse the quality of this photo, it is from my cell phone. We have video of Lucas seeing the Easter bunny walk up and it is priceless with him giggling and jumping up and down with excitement. In his 3 times of seeing the bunny, he has always loved him---funny how the experience with Santa and the Bunny are so different!
Finn and I attended the grand re-opening of Opry Mills this week. I am not ashamed to admit that I teared up. I am such a sentimental person, but the exact spot where they did the ribbon cutting and Pam Tillis sang the Star Spangled Banner is where there was 10 feet of water on that scary May 5th day.
That day had started as such a happy and exciting day with Lucas' first birthday party. At lunch time it was a little nerve-wracking and by dinner we were all stunned, panicked, fearful, stuck, and prayerful as we watched waters rise and tornadoes form. We were grateful that our home was kept safe but so many lost so much that day.The opening of Opry Mills was one of the last moments for Nashville to show that things were back, and better than ever. So yes, I teared up. And I kept some confetti. And the mall is fabulous by the way :)
Here is Lucas' expression when he was told daddy was coming home after being gone for 9 days:
One of the funniest Lucas moments this week (although it is hard to pick one out because he has really become quite the funny man) was when I walked in my room and he was standing on his head with one leg in the air. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "momma, I am a flamingo right now".
Another sweet moment was watching Lucas play with his buddy Crosby at the playground. These two will grow up as best little buddies I hope. . .his mom and I sure are and these boys are alike in so many ways. Their giggles were infectious.
Hope you have a great week in preparation for Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter. I love this time of year and the journey through the story we get to participate in. Especially when you have little ones who get to experience the story with you :)







No comments:
Post a Comment