Wow, has it really been since Finn was 4 weeks that I wrote anything on here? We must be having some fun around here. Or we are delirious and forget things. Or both. Regardless, here we are.
I love being a "boy" mom. I love having brothers. I love matching brothers. Introducing my cute little matching turkeys:
I just love a baby in pjs, but two in pjs? Pure yumminess. Lucas wasn't sure what to do in the footed pajamas, it has been a long time since he has worn them. He kept wondering why he
couldn't get his feet out.
And here we are, matching again. This time it is Sugar's fault. She just keeps whipping up these adorable outfits, I keep telling her she could open an etsy shop but then again, I am not sure I want her time to go to anyone else, we are loving all her creativity!
Thanksgiving 2011. The first holiday ever that the Graves family has been in our own home. We LOVED it. It was so fun to have everyone come to us (and cook for us)!
We feel pretty lucky that my sister Megan's family all lives down the road from us so we were able to see Duncan and Megan for a bit too! I have never seen Lucas run down the stairs as fast as I did when Megan was at the door. He just adores her, and I think it is mutual.
We haven't seen Duncan and Megan since their wedding so they were pretty excited to meet Finn. Lucas got to take a special ride with them in Duncan's new truck to Sonic and get ice cream. For a two year old, it was like he was going to Disney World.
We didn't do our big turkey dinner until the evening which was new for us, but again, I LOVED it. It allowed us to be lazy all morning in our pjs, with coffee and cinnamon rolls, parade watching, and football watching. . . then we ate:)
Lucas really got into the parade. He said, "momma, there will be elmo, and cookie monster, and then Santa. . .that would be so cool right"?
Happy Thanksgiving from the newest little turkey.
I had fun with the table and room decorations, can you tell I am a mom of two little ones?
I love my sister and am so glad she is in our family. How blessed are we?
These two are quite the pair. I think my dad needs a week vacation after all the cars playing, wrestling, tackling, shooting hoops, and train track assembly he was asked to do. When I called to Lucas the day after they left and said, "hey buddy", he said, "momma, GrandDa is my buddy"
And the other cute pair:
Our friends Megan and Kyle were in town visiting their family and as always, they were so gracious to give up some family time to see us. Lucas and Jackson had so much fun chasing each other and giggling. I think my favorite was when they read books to each other.
This is what Josh and Finn do best :)
This has been such a long post that Finn is now 6 weeks old :) The baby acne is getting better, the cradle cap is almost gone, but the spitting up is increasing. You win some you lose some I guess. He has started staying awake longer and smiling at me which makes it all worth it!
You thought you were done reading, right? We will end with a couple Lucas stories--
We took Lucas to the park and a family was flying a kite. Lucas looked at me and said, "that is a pretty cool bird, right"?
Lucas has developed a food allergy that we are still figuring out what the exact trigger is, but it shows up as red patches on his chin. When I brought it up at the table to Josh, Lucas was apparently listening and said with a very distraught look on his face, "Momma, I don't want my face to be broken"!
This is also the week that Lucas has started saying "Momma" over and over and over and over again. Seriously. If I could get a penny every time he said it, I would be a millionaire by nap time.


No comments:
Post a Comment