Sunday, September 25, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Saturdays. One of my 2 favorite days of the week. Saturdays and Mondays are when Josh is home with us and we all just love our time together. Especially this mommy 
after daddy had been out of town much of the week and I was T-I-R-E-D. 

This Saturday was also exciting because for the first time ever, ESPN GameDay was being held in Morgantown, WV ending with the WVU/LSU game at night. Perfect occasion to break out our gold and blue and take some belly pictures, right?

 This is me at 36 weeks and 1 day. This baby now has less than 3 weeks, his clock is ticking. And obviously he has dropped about as low as he can get so I am hoping it is sooner. The doctor keeps saying he will induce a week early, although he hasn't actually scheduled a date yet. . .my college roomie was an OB nurse and said that was because they think I will go early. . .let's hope she is right! 
 One important set of details that this type A, slightly OCD mom forgot on her to-do list was realized last night. I asked Josh, "wait a second, if I go into labor, do we have a clue where we are going"? The answer to that is "no" as well as not having any paperwork filled out whatsoever. 

The good things in my research are that we can do our paperwork online and after a slideshow of pictures and other info sheets, I am feeling better about being ready. Funny thing is, I used to work at this hospital in college, and I found myself on the baby floor often but do I have any clue now? Nope. Good thing is, there are a lot of bonuses at this hospital I just learned about. . .all mommies get a massage, photographer for baby, a new mommy's store, amazing food 24/7 (seriously, this is where I worked and the food won awards!), and a birthday party for baby! 

 Kisses for baby Finn :) I think his adjustment to a baby brother is going to be fantastic. Anytime he sees a baby, he is so excited to go give hugs and pat them, and he has been such a helper getting things ready for Finn. I was nervous about letting him watch me put new things away and decorate a different room, but even just yesterday he said, "oh momma, Finn will like it". 
 This is Lucas demonstrating how smushed Finn is right now. In case you didn't see my facebook update, as of the ultrasound last week, they think Finn is already 6 lbs. 7 oz and his head is the size of a 39 week old. Now do you see why going early sounds appealing? The nurse laughed when she said, "your baby is the size of most newborns"! Thank you for that. 
 Last weekend, we were playing in the play room and realized that Lucas is really good at kicking a soccer ball, even when it is being kicked to him! So, our family bonding that weekend was to buy a little goal for him and have fun in the back yard, he loves it and really does have great eye-foot coordination.




A couple funny Lucas stories to share: 

Lucas wanted a snack and said his puppy dog wanted a snack too, so puppy dog sat in one chair at the table and Lucas sat beside him. I gave each of them some raisins and crackers. As I was cleaning up the kitchen, I noticed Lucas get up. He told puppy dog, "you share your snacks with me puppy". Lucas ate all the snacks and then came to me and said, "mommy, puppy dog needs more snacks". ha. Trying to be smart huh?

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat and mid morning made some hot chocolate to try and soothe it since we were out of decaf tea (have to save my caffeine intake for my Coke at dinner). Lucas looked at me and said, "mommy drink coffee"? I said, "well, this is mommy's hot drink for her throat". He looked at me suspiciously, came over and stuck his nose in my mug and said, "momma, you have chocolate in there!!!". Can't get anything past you can I?


2 comments:

Patrick Mead said...

We are SO looking forward to meeting little Finn. And he is going to be so happy to have a loving mommy, daddy, and big brother waiting for him.

Donna said...

Oh, Kara. You and Lucas make me laugh...busted on the chocolate and puppy who eats snacks. I sure hope Finn comes soon and safely...you are looking a bit tired - but still amazing, of course! :D