I had heard about the amazing Crockett Park but we had not ever visited until this week. Lucas has been sleeping a lot lately. . .as in, I put him to bed on Wednesday night at 8 and he slept until noon on Thursday. Yes, I said noon. Somehow my 2 year old has turned into a teenager. Maybe he knows that when school starts next week, mornings are about to get a little earlier.
Anyway, back to the park. We ate some waffles and yogurt for our breakfast/lunch and decided to go try the park since it was only in the mid 90s at that point in the day and still overcast.
What a fun place! It is all sheltered under huge trees and there is so much to do! Everything is wooden, there are balancing activities, slides, ropes, swings, etc. He had a blast.
On the way back to the car, we noticed the beautiful ball fields---that had their gates open! So, I let Lucas run the bases. Here comes my proud moment. . .
Lucas was so confused, he ran up to me and asked, "but momma, where are the Tigers at"?
I have done my job as a mother.
2 comments:
That is pretty funny. He looks so grown up hanging there from the bars.
Once a pediatric nurse told me that teenage boys get their growth in height during sleep. Did he look any taller when he woke up??? :o)
Post a Comment