Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pancakes and Pajamas

The much anticipated event of the week was to attend the 2nd birthday party of our little friend
 Leighton. . .lovingly called "LeiLei" by most. Miss Courtney came up with the sweetest idea to have a morning party where all the sweet kiddos come in their pajamas and eat pancakes and breakfast together.

The table was just adorable. 

 Yes, those would be polka dotted paper straws from LuLus. I think I was in love. 
 The "big girl" table. . .for the mommies of course! I love that our kids love each other so much that we can sit and eat together and they are able to fend for themselves without needing too much assistance. It also helps that Mr. Kyle was there to assist the kiddos so we could drink our Purity chocolate milk and eat our pancakes drizzled in honey butter in peace. Man, writing this blog is making me hungry!
 I just love a cute kid in pajamas, too bad you don't look so cute in snug pajamas past the age of 12. 
 No words for all this deliciousness, Courtney and Kyle out-did themselves!
 Precious Leighton blowing her candle out.
 I am just amazed at how cute our kids are, how well behaved, and how much they are growing!! 

 A couple of my friends alerted me to go check out what was going on quietly in another corner of the room. Jenny had put baby Milly out of the way and someone found her and just loved loving on her. It was precious and a great sign of how he will be with Finn! I didn't even have to remind him to be gentle, he would just pat her and smile at her and kiss her on the cheek!


 Getting set up for the group picture is always entertainment. I really think we need to have video of the crazy things us moms are doing in order to attempt this. 
 This is the best picture I got from the day, we are missing Loughton in there but everyone else is relatively calm for the moment. . .it could be because they all have a chocolate chip in their mouth.

I know I say this all the time, but what a blessing to have these friends together--one day when they graduate from high school we will have quite the slideshow of their years together.
 Time to play horsey! Danielle really is under there somewhere. . .I promise she is!

 Pure joy and love from Lucas to Miss Danielle. Oh how he loves her and Crosby. Anytime we go play somewhere with friends, Lucas wants to know if Crosby will be there, and quickly after, he needs to make sure Miss Danielle will be there too. When I was combing his hair to come to the party today, he said, "Miss Danielle see my hair today". 
 And I just love Danielle too. What an honor to call her friend. 
 All the kids were getting a little slap happy towards the end, even Leighton was hamming it up. Maybe it had something to do with all the chocolate milk?

Happy Birthday sweet Leighton! You are such a beautiful little girl with wonderful parents who adore you. LuLu is blessed to have you as a friend and he can't wait to be in preschool with you next week! 

No comments: