It's that time of year again for the Williamson Co. Fair! I had wanted to go last year, but it just didn't work out with our schedule so we made sure to plan on it this year and we had so much fun! The fair didn't open till 6PM, so we made bbq chicken and corn on the cob for dinner. Lucas loved eating the corn right off the cob and kept saying, "I eat like a big boy momma".
The highlight of the fair for little ones is the farming experience. It is really cool and so educational! They start out with baskets and aprons and go through the whole farming process. You start by feeding corn to chickens and getting an egg in return, brushing a sheep and getting wool in your basket, picking apples from trees, planting seeds, picking your produce, and milking a cow.
How cute is my little farmer?
Lucas collected quite a yummy basket of goods!
After you have gone through the farming process, you take your goods to the market and organize them into their correct bins before you get "paid".
Then it was off to the country store we went with our "money". He got to pick anything in the store and chose a bag of animal crackers. Mommy and Daddy chose Purity ice cream bars.
With age comes wisdom I guess :)
This corn play pit was genius--I was even tempted to play in it!
The animals were a hit too. I have heard about them all day today. Did he go up to the cows and serenade them with "Brown Cow" by Taft Brown? He sure did and the cows seemed pleased that he knew their song.
The new piglets were quite cute but they did carry quite the smell.
When we went out onto the midway, Lucas spotted this Nemo ride and asked to go. I thought for sure we would buy the tickets, get him seated and he would immediately start crying to get out (his usual routine). We were so wrong! He loved it and rode twice before we went off to ride the carousel.
These smiles are because daddy is off buying us a funnel cake.
The fair was a hit for sure, all day that has been the topic of conversation.
1 comment:
Wow! That looks so fun! We've never been to the Williamson County Fair, but I think I need to take Eli! What great activities for kids!
Post a Comment