Tuesday, July 05, 2011

U2: Nashville

Well, prepare for a few blog updates in the next little bit. We have had a fun filled week full of company, events, and fun! 

Saturday was the long awaited U2 concert. . .this has been on our calendar for months and months. In fact, I was in my closet during tornado sirens printing off our tickets way back in the early spring! 

Our friends Josh and Kayci Ross and Johnny and Erin Pleasant came into town to enjoy this monumental event with us. I of course took a large amount of pictures, but here are just a few to enjoy:

Walking in amongst all the trucks...it was amazing to watch them tear down the stage afterwards, they have it down to a science!

 We were blessed with backstage passes to the Round Room. The band didn't end up coming back, but there were a lot of interesting people to see and this 24 week prego really enjoyed having a couch, air conditioning, and cold cokes brought to her until it was time to get into our seats.
 Me and quite possibly U2's biggest fan.
 For their 100th show, U2 played at Vanderbilt's football stadium, their smallest venue so far which is amazing because there were a LOT of people! 





 This is totally unedited. Josh is going to blow this one up and put it 
above our mantle if I don't watch out.






 For the most part, the crowd stayed on their feet the entire time. I was not able to with being pregnant and it being about 98 degrees, high humidity, and thousands of people, but the jumbo screens still gave me a great view when I sat down. These are my poor swollen feet afterwards
- - -they hurt so much but it was worth it!

So glad we had the chance to experience this night!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great pics!! What an amazing night that was. I might challenge who is the biggest U2 fan...ha!! :)