Saturday, December 11, 2010

Opryland Lights

As you may remember from so many posts from Nashville this past spring, the flood on May 1st devastated so many areas of our city. The water didn't discriminate between landmarks, businesses, homes and people.

One of those places was the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. When we witnessed those photos of 7-9 feet of water ruining the hotel, I was pretty sure we wouldn't be able to continue our tradition of looking at the beautiful lights there for Christmas.

Well. . .I was wrong. This city came together and people have worked so hard. The Opryland Hotel opened at the end of November and it looks fabulous! You can smell the fresh mulch, the plants are all small again since they are new, and the carpets are very squishy since they are new but the lights, decor, and magical feeling are all the same again.

These are Lucas' friends that we went with: The Westermans and Houstons. We just can't bear to think about the Houstons moving next week. . . I think our life group may just tie ourselves to their moving truck.
Welcome to Gaylord Opryland. . .let's have a look shall we?
This tree always take my breath away!

We took a break from all of our walking (we walked that whole place!) and had ice cream at the Haagan Dazs store. The kids were walking around having fun while we were eating and when I looked up to check on Lucas, I didn't see him. He wasn't at the kids table. He wasn't with the other parents in our group. Where did I find him? He was BEHIND the ice cream counter holding up his bowl and spoon and saying "more, more" to the workers.

Oh, melt my heart. He certainly is my kid.

We went outside to see the lit trees, horses, Nativity scene, and snow!
These women are precious to me.
As we were waiting for the daddies to get our cars, the kids played Ring around the Rosie in the lobby.
10:06 P.M. was the latest Lucas has ever stayed up until. He was OUT!
Go check out the lights if you have a chance! And don't pay the $20 parking, it is really easy to park across the street and walk, or the hotel has free lots that you can ride in a shuttle to the hotel.

1 comment:

The Houston's said...

We had such a great time with you guys!! And I am so glad that you update your blog often so I can watch Lucas grow up from houston! :(