You would think that after so many years in Michigan, this cold weather wouldn't bother us, but it took us by such surprise these past few days! Saturday was warm--my car said 61 degrees when we were on our way home for lunch. At our neighborhood's tree lighting at 5 PM it had dropped to the low 30s with a cold cold wind.
Our little neighborhood tree is still quite small, but we are a new neighborhood so one day it will be a bigger deal. I tell you, I really think I live in Mayberry some days and I love it! Just a few of us gathered at our entrance to count down to the tree being lit while drinking hot cider and hot chocolate.
Here are our pictures with the cute and frozen little boy:
When we walked out of church there was snow flying everywhere, so cool! So, we bundled up and had a shorter ceremony than planned since it was all outside and everyone was freezing.
Here is my favorite photo of my two boys with the little golden shovel just for Lucas:
My little boy and me. I am so proud that he will get to attend such a wonderful school where he will be so loved by the women that teach him and build such great friendships that will last for life!
I really wanted to have wreaths on my windows this year, and I finally got up the courage to go through with it and get up on a ladder for some of them, and hang out of other windows! Since it was a hard and dangerous job, I wanted to show it off!
Can you believe we are at 19 months now? I sure can't. I had to bribe someone with cookies and he decided that Marley needed bribing too.
Both now have cookies, you are so thoughtful Lucas.
The cookie in the mouth will have to do I guess. It won't get much better!

I really wanted to have wreaths on my windows this year, and I finally got up the courage to go through with it and get up on a ladder for some of them, and hang out of other windows! Since it was a hard and dangerous job, I wanted to show it off!
1 comment:
That is so exciting that Lucas will be able to spend his first, most important, years at such a wonderful school. Maybe you can teach there, too! :>)
Post a Comment