Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: A New Year for New Memories

As I sit and think about what the year 2010 brought us, so many events, experiences, and emotions come to mind:
  • Nashville Blizzard
  • New Nashville friends
  • Wonderful visits to Michigan
  • Lucas got teeth!
  • Joining a Life Group that became family
  • Otter Creek Baby Blessing
  • Friends and Family came to visit
  • My brother proposed to the best girl, and she said yes!
  • I met Amy Grant
  • Lucas turned 1
  • Nashville Flood: We Are Nashville.
  • Lucas walks
  • We were frequent residents at the neighborhood pool
  • I met Laura Bush
  • A niece (Ava) and nephew (Hudson) were born!
  • Family vacation to Florida. Ok, not a vacation. A trip.
  • Watching the Tigers play in Atlanta.
  • I met a kangaroo
  • Tornado time in the closet
  • Otter Creek family retreat
  • Play Dates
  • Front row for Martina and Faith. Can't beat that.
  • The loss of my 27 year old friend Marcus
  • First NFL game
  • The loss of my dear friend Jeremy
  • More snow in Nashville
  • The Houstons move to. . . Houston :(
  • Graves family matching pajamas.

What a full year it has been, so many sweet memories with my family and friends, but the end of this year has been full of too much rain. Rain on our lives and rain in the lives surrounding us. The loss of Jeremy in November leaves us aching each day and on our knees for his wife and children. This new year means a new year of memories without Jeremy and that is terrifying to grasp for his family and friends.

Instead of going out for a dinner or spending time with lots of friends tonight, we decided in light of realizing what matters, we played toys with Lucas and enjoyed all the sweet moments he always brings.

I haven't been one to make New Year's resolutions, but I have made a list of goals for myself this year. I am sure the list will grow, but here is what I have so far:

  • Savor the bedtime routine with Lucas by always reading a book in the rocking chair before bed.
  • Not shopping at Walmart in 2011. I always end up in a bad mood when I go there.
  • Attend my neighborhood's girl's Bible Study
  • Go to Zumba
  • Visit Philip and Heidi
  • Stay credit card debt free and pay off Josh's car
  • Take a multivitamin each day. I get way too many colds each year.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Kara. It is such fun to watch your Lucas grow. For sure go to Zumba!

Christy said...

Yeah for Zumba (remember I'm going Tuesday), I'm totally going with you to see Heidi and I need to take vitamins too!!!

The Houston's said...

Woooo Hooo!! I can't wait for y'all to come!!! Great resolution!! We miss you guys already!!