Friday, January 07, 2011

20 Months!

My little buddy doesn't feel too well today but he sure does know how to make me smile all day anyway! I can't believe he is 20 months--that is way too close to the 2 year old mark!

I am amazed everyday at how smart and perceptive he is. We were watching Thomas the Tank Engine together (or "momas" as he calls him) and he pointed to the screen and said "Percy"! He had picked up on the fact that Thomas had a friend who was green and named Percy.

January and June at Otter Creek is graduation time where the kids move up to the next nursery or class. Lucas graduated to nursery #5 and so we go all dressed up for his special day. He loves his new nursery and ran right in to play with the new toys. They have real chairs instead of the bucket seats so this shall be interesting. . . There are 6 nurseries at OC, but in June he will be graduating downstairs! I must stock up on tissues for that day.
I was the most amazed I have ever been yesterday as we were getting ready to go to the grocery store. I said during breakfast, "Lucas, we are going to go to Publix and get groceries ok"? He replied "car!, cook!" (meaning he gets to ride in the car cart and gets a cookie).

My parents are coming into town so I was picking up food and things that they like. . as I put some yogurt that my mom always eats in the cart, Lucas pointed at it and started saying "shh shh" (for Sugar), and as we went to put Diet Cokes in the cart for my dad, Lucas pointed at them and said "dagat" (for Grand-Da, he switches the consonants).

How does he pick up on these things?

No comments: