Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blustery Days and Bible Character Parades

Mondays are my favorite days, that is when Josh is off after working hard on Sundays. It really is the best day to have off because there aren't crowds anywhere we go. We love to explore and do something fun together as a family each Monday.

This past Monday I had a meeting at Lipscomb to talk about finishing my graduate school here in order to teach one day. I am excited about taking some classes and having something new to work on, although the thought of student teaching and not being with Lucas is a bit more than daunting and terrifying so we shall see what happens.

We met up with my college roommate and her sweet family of 3 for some Blue Coast and Menchies. I just know these boys are going to be good friends :) They might not have a choice actually.

We went to the duck pond downtown to feed the ducks some bread. Lucas didn't quite get the concept, that or he was just really really hungry. Every time we would hand him some bread to feed the ducks he would eat it himself. Oh well, we tried.
Tuesday was a very interesting day around here. Who knew that tornados would appear in October but this has been the year of strange weather in Nashville. I was so busy securing our U2 tickets (yes I said U2! Hurray!) that I didn't hear sirens outside, but I did see my neighbor come to my door in a hurry, she had seen a funnel about a mile from our house and came to warn me.

Lucas and I took our lunchables to the closet and had our lunch while we stayed safe. I called Josh to let him know what was going on and his first question was, "well, did you get a chance to get a confirmation number before you went downstairs"? Priorities people. Priorities.

This was a picture of the sky after two round of sirens went off. Thankfully the funnel never reached the ground and we were completely safe.
Would you like a pumpkin? Or pupin as we call them.
A good friend of mine asked me to join her for a girls night out at a benfit dinner in town for Baptist's NICU. It was such a great night, good to meet new friends, talk with current friends, eat amazing Loveless food, and be up close and personal to two amazing singers. I had a blast!

This was the first time in history that Faith and Martina had done an event together on the same stage, and I was in the front row for it!
Lucas got a haircut and now he looks so much like a big boy. snif snif.
We try to go to the playground a few times a week, Lucas really loves it and he will climb up and slide down all by himself now!
Otter Creek has so many wonderful traditions, and tonight was one that has been happening since 1979. Parade of Bible Characters. Each group or child will dress up as a character, book, verse, or story in the Bible and give clues to guess their identity. The whole church cancels classes to be a part of this and it is so much fun!

Our life group kiddos all wore black and red letter "c"s on them.
CLUES:

1. When Pharaoh’s heart hardened again, the chase began, but because of me, he did not win.

2. My waters were like a wall on their left hand and on their right. On dry land the Israelites crossed that night.

3. The LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the middle of me. The Israelites saw God’s power and all believed.

Who are we?
ANSWER: The Parting of the Red Sea (“C”) Exodus chapter 14

1 comment:

Donna said...

LOVE the parting of the Red Sea! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! You all had to have the BEST idea!