Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Last week was a busy one, we had plans every day and every evening. . .which is probably why as soon as we got home from Trick or Treating Sunday night, I started feeling terrible. It happened so quickly but I had a fever, chills and ached all over. Thankfully, Mondays are Josh's day off so I could lay down on the couch and watch my boys play.

I am doing much better today, just tired and have a sore throat, but Lucas is doing such a good job of playing independently with his blocks and watching some of his favorite cartoons (Thomas, Sesame, and Fireman Sam).

I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends here, and one very special group to me is our play group. We seriously have the cutest kids ever (slightly biased), and I love that we make it a priority to have non-children time together. I am honored to be amongst such funny, spiritual, sweet, and wonderful moms. This week we went to J.Alexanders and it was oh so yummy!
The morning after our mommy dinner, we got together with the kids to decorate pumpkins and eat some wonderful Taco soup that Kristen made.
It was also Dean's 2nd birthday! I just love this picture of Dean and Lucas, they are sweet.
You can just sense the excitement oozing out of Lucas in this picture over his decorated pumpkin can't you? Oh, you can't?
We have a picture where they are all looking!! If you don't have children, you won't understand what a miracle this was, but I am for sure going to frame it because it might not ever happen again. I told you we have the cutest kids didn't I?
Saturday, I drove 4.5 hours to Cincinnati and back to attend my friend's funeral. It was a long long day, but I am so glad I went. The service was beautiful and a perfect way to honor such a special person.

Since I was gone Saturday, Josh was responsible for Lucas and taking him to Dean's birthday party. Here is why I have the best friends: they immediately stepped in to help Josh with Lucas' costume and told Josh they would step up and take lots of pictures because they knew I would want to see all the fun. I about cried when I received 50 pictures through e-mail later that day!

I love this photo of the dad's decorating pumpkins:

Again, excitement is oozing out of Lucas over his Blue Bell ice cream.
Trunk or Treat time! I only have a few pictures because someone decided to be a 2 year old about 6 months early. I seriously wished I had a princess costume for him because he was being such a diva. He was more interested in trying to get in everyone's car than getting candy!

I shouldn't be so hard on him, it was a Sunday and Sundays are hard, he didn't get a good nap, and I had him in a fleece costume when it was 75 degrees out.


Later that night we had trick or treating in our own neighborhood. I was really nervous about how it would go, but he did great! Part of that was having his neighborhood friends Radnor and Torin to follow around. Radnor was tall enough to reach the doorbells, so Lucas would just wait with his bucket and say "peas" when they opened the door. I told Lucas they were giving out cookies since he didn't know what candy was. That made all the difference!
Here are a couple videos to enjoy, the first one is of Lucas and Eli playing at my house, it was seriously like I had twins over and they were having such a fun time chasing each other and giggling!

The second video is a little trick or treat fun:)

3 comments:

Donna said...

I love how you love your life and are living it abundantly!

Patrick Mead said...

No matter how many times I see the pics and videos... they make me smile.

Sarah said...

Looks like the "nose" paint turned out well for the little monkey. :)