When we went to the doctor this week, Lucas had to have 3 shots which is never fun! I am not sure whose brilliant idea it is to make the mommies hold their babies down so they can look in our eyes when those needles go in. Thankfully, he gave the nurse a bad look as if he knew who was responsible :)
For the rest of the day, he was just a little "off", but that just meant a lot of cuddling and reading books. Here he is in the hallway reading one of his favorites:
I played with Lucas most of the time, but there are areas for the mommas to relax, read, or surf the internet.
My little fireman was getting all ready in case a call came in . . .
While he waited, he decided to play some basketball.
Come to find out, construction workers like to play basketball too on their breaks!
One of his favorite toys was the vacuum cleaner. He made sure the whole play town was vacuumed :)
Looks like the fireman got a call to go somewhere, go Lucas!
Lucas is listening to the call to make sure he gets the directions right.
The highlight of my day, even after all that fun playing, was meeting up with the Clarks on Lipscomb's campus. I lived almost next door to Peter, Becky, Hannah, and Rachel when I grew up in West Virginia. Hannah came to tour Lipscomb and see about attending next year. It was so much fun to see them, I felt like my family was here with me. I really hope Hannah can come to Lipscomb so I can see them more often.
Lucas and I were stuck in traffic (welcome to south Nashville on a Friday!), so we were telling each other jokes.
I had a coupon for Old Navy and went ahead and got Lucas' costume for Halloween. Oh I just love this monkey!
Have a great weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment