Monday, June 28, 2010

It has been a long trip. . .


A couple weeks ago, my dad and mom came through Nashville for a couple days since my dad was speaking at Uplift. Of course Lucas loved all the extra love and attention, and he gets more this week when they come through again for another speaking engagement for Summer Celebration!My mom brought these with her. . .I am in love with my new window treatments, my mom did an AMAZING job. It finally feels like a cozy room to me. I painted it a warmer color called "ponytail".
Well, we took our first vacation in a couple years back to our New Smyrna Beach house that we have rented for four time now. I was a bit idealistic about the whole thing, but after day one, we determined it was a "trip" not a "vacation". A "vacation" will be when Josh and I go somewhere without Lucas :)

Poor kid goes through a lot for us! We did turn is car seat around to forward facing hoping that it would keep him excited. . .well, he didn't sleep for the entire 10 hour trip. Awesome. He was also teething and had a fever, so the first day we went to the beach, he and daddy took a nap. I love this picture, he rarely sleeps on us unless he doesn't feel good.
Duncan and Megan were in the same town for a wedding and their trip overlapped ours by one day, it was so fun to hang out with them! We ate out at Mi Mexico. . .my favorite restaurant there, we usually go at least twice.

My two cool dudes. Too bad momma lost Lucas' glasses when a wave hit us. No worries, the next day I lost my glasses in a wave. Apparently we weren't meant to wear glasses.
After one long day of trying to get a 13 month old to relax on the beach (it didn't happen), we drove 2.5 hours to Tampa to watch a Tampa Bay Rays game. It was a fun, spontaneous break in our "trip".
This is my favorite picture from the whole trip. I love to see my boys playing together so sweetly.

Of course, to be a true southern family, we can't leave without taking our pictures in white on the beach, so here we go:



After a week in Florida, we drove to Atlanta, GA to meet up with our friends Chad, Laura, Avery, and Stuart Troup! The Braves were playing the Tigers and we were not going to miss this opportunity!
that's MY tiger!
It was incredibly hot in Atlanta. We kept pouring water on Lucas to keep him cool. Trying to get him to be still was hard, but in between Josh and I taking turns walking him and eating cotton candy flavored blue sno cones, we were golden.
At the end of game day 1, we went to the pool to cool off and then enjoyed some pizza. The kids were troopers!
Game day #2. Let's go Tigers!
I love these two, they are the best! Sweet Avery sat by Lucas for the game and he actually stayed in his seat and was content as long as she was there!
It is our mission to go to every MLB stadium, Turner Field can now be checked off. It was so special to see our Tigers live, I really miss them!
At the end of this terribly long post, let's all sing: ". . . and it's root, root, root, for the TIGERS!!"

3 comments:

The Houston's said...

I love all the pictures!! Glad you had a fun trip and glad y'all are back!! we missed ya!!

Donna said...

I can't really imagine you going on a vacation without Lucas...you would miss his sweet face TOO much.

Kara Graves said...

Donna- ha, I must not have emphasized how miserable he made the first couple days enough! I have never been away from him for a night and after this "trip" I am plenty ready!