Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let's All Do The Kangaroo Hop

Hello Friends! We are down here surviving the hottest weather I have ever experienced. The heat index has been reaching 105 for the past few days. We keep cool by staying inside or going to the pool. Oh, and drinking lots of sweet tea.

I have determined that I am turning into quite the southern girl: I wear sundresses, drink sweet tea, and play Bunco.

We spent a day with some of my dear friends that went to Lipscomb with me and their babies who are all around Lucas' age. Out of the 5 of us, 1 already has 2 babies, and 3 of them recently announced they were expecting their 2nd. Yup, that leaves me. I am not drinking their crazy water!

This is a picture of Lucas and Britton in their Gymboree gear. Their mommies have great taste. Lucas was not thrilled to have his picture taken, it interrupted him stealing Britton's snacks.
Eli and Lucas were so sweet to each other.
They gave hug after hug . . .
after hug! I am saving this picture for their high school graduation.
Us crazy moms thought we could get a group picture. I don't know what we were thinking. But here are a few of the many attempts that day:



There is no transition to this next group of shots.

Our good friend Kelley works with the zoo and frequently takes care of baby animals in her home. This week, she had a baby kangaroo named Digits who was kicked out of the pouch and needed some TLC.

The Graves family had some fun time meeting Digits, she was so sweet and patient with my child who hasn't mastered the word, "Gentle".

We have been thinking of adopting. . .
She had a super strong tail, but I was surprised at how light she was!
This smile makes my day. I hope it gives you a smile too!

1 comment:

Patrick Mead said...

I'd rather have another Lucas-like kid than a roo as a grandkid. Loved being with you last week!