Saturday, July 03, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

My parents stayed at our house the past couple days for Summer Celebration at Lipscomb. My dad only taught late at night which meant he got to play with Lucas during the day. Lucas and he definitely bonded, I love this picture, Lucas had to hold his hand while we were at dinner.

The finale for Lipscomb's Summer Celebration is an evening of games, food, music, and fireworks so we went to hang out for awhile. It was so much fun seeing Otter Creek friends, Nashville friends, classmates, and even Michigan friends!

My heart just melted when these two sweet girls (Genesis and Maddie) yelled "auntie Kara!" and gave me two of the best hugs. Josh and I have babysat both of them since they were babies and we treasure a lot of sweet memories with them.
Lucas with his two spoilers. . oh, I mean grandparents in front of the bell tower :)

The fireworks were great! Lucas did good as long as he was being held, but at the end he even started clapping and all the way home was saying "ight ight ight" (how we say "light").
Priceless.
Just when I thought my neighborhood couldn't be any more cute, it did. Sometimes I feel like I live in Mayberry with all the dinners, Bunco nights, Bible studies, and book clubs and I love it all.

This morning, Burkitt Place held its first 4th of July Parade, we even had a police escort! Thanks to Grandma Sugar, our wagon rocked!

All the kids were so cute and proud of their decorations. My favorites were all the little boys with their decorated bikes.

We hope you have a very happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments: