Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Is it spring yet?

The past few weeks have been pretty busy, filled with company, trips, dinners, and of course pictures with Marley.

Lucas has fallen in love with this little lamb, it is so sweet. Whenever he sees it he will break out in a huge smile and just hug it so tightly. We let the lamb be a guest in our picture session.

I invited several of my sweet mom friends over with their babies for a play date. The kids are always so fun to watch interact with each other. After bribing with goldfish, we got a good picture of the three boys together: Dean, Crosby, and Lucas.
All of the munchkins on the couch. Charlotte was the only one who gave us eye contact!
Lucas has big dreams of singing on the Opry stage one day. We were practicing.
I thought this turned out to be a great picture of Lucas and Josh's parents walking through downtown Nashville. It had been a rare, sunny and warm day in February.
Best Friends :)
Last Sunday night, Otter Creek held their annual Baby Dedication service. I didn't know at all what to expect, but it was the sweetest night and we will definitely go back every year to bless the new babies.

The evening included worship, including a couple special songs sung by the preschool praise group, a blessing from the church, presentation of a sweet Bible and book of blessings, and an amazing dinner. Each child had their own table with a beautiful centerpiece and handmade cookies.


Lucas and I made a short notice trip to Michigan for a few days. He learned to do something hilarious. . . anytime I pull the camera out and say "1,2, 3 smile!" he scrunches up his face like this. I laugh so hard everytime.
I was so glad that Kristen, Kelly and I could spend a morning and lunch together. They are sweet sweet friends that I miss!
Michigan got a total of 12 inches of snow while I was there, so we took Lucas sledding!
At Bahama Breeze with Megan and Jackson, and the scrunchy faced kid as well :)

42 Weeks! There are only 10 more photo shoots until he is a year old. That is unbelievable.
Lucas had never been around stairs before, but he is quite the climbing monkey so I put him at the bottom of the stairs to see what he would do. He went right up with no problem!

We have had a little basketball hoop for Lucas, of course, since he was able to play with toys and he has never understood to put the ball in the hoop. I had put the hoop in the corner to get it out of the way and later in the evening we watched him as he went over quietly by himself, picked up a ball with his left hand, raised it in the air, and slam dunked it! We got so excited it scared him and he hasn't done it again.

The other thing Lucas has learned this week is to blow kisses, Miss Laura Troup was the lucky recipient.
Sarah and I went to a painting class this week to be creative, and we painted some really neat trees! Still haven't decided where they will go.
As many of you know, two of our best friends, Josh and Kayci Ross lost a precious sister last week from a devastating illness. I ask that you stay on your knees for the sweet friends that we love so much as they are hurting so badly.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Great Photos! Where did you go to the painting class???

Kara Graves said...

It was at Paint and Pour in Brentwood! I think I will be doing it a few more times, it is so fun!

Donna said...

Kara, you always do such a nice job with this. I know it takes a lot of time...well, it takes me a lot of time...and I really appreciate getting to watch Lucas grow up. Thanks.

The Houston's said...

I want to go painting with you!!!! Those pictures are soooo good. Not sure if mine would be that good! Lucas is a doll!!! Love the scrunched up nose!

Kara Graves said...

Let's plan a day! It is so much fun!