We had such a good week of relaxation and fun in Florida. I was so sad to leave, wouldn't it be grand if life could be a vacation? This was the third year we had gone back New Smyrna Beach and it truly is an oasis, a safe place, for us. Having the Olympics on while we were there was an added bonus, I have been obsessed with watching everything! In fact, today I have the day off, and there are things I could be doing, but I find myself stuck on the couch watching my DVR of what all happened while I was sleeping!
Despite our many run-ins with rain storms, we had fun. In fact, with Hurricane Fay coming after we left, we had some awesome waves the last couple days! Josh and I stayed out in the water for hours getting pummeled by the waves on our body boards.
Next Friday, the 29th, will be my last day employed by Chase. I have had almost three years there and they have been great, but I feel it is time to move on. I have already been accepted to be a substitute teacher in one school district and am hoping for a second. Those of you who know me, know that change is hard for me, but I feel so much peace and excitement about this new transition. Substituting will allow me to not only bring in a paycheck but it allows me so much flexibility to work around my graduate school and to hopefully start traveling with Josh more on his trips with speaking and school.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great trip. Sigh....I need a trip. Aaron and I are thinking about doing a small 3-day trip sometime in the next few weeks. We went to Mexico in March, but I'm ready for another beach vacation!
Disney was awesome...but there's no way I'd step foot in Magical Kingdom if not for you :)
I loved being at the beach with you . . . it's healing.
Great stuff, Kara. I am happy for all the changes you are making. And the new theme/background on your blog rocks!
Florida looks beautiful and so do you!! I love your new bio pic!! And your new background does rock!! You still need to teach me how to change those .. Darren is getting tired of the background we have. Best wishes on your new career path this year! :) Mandy
Post a Comment