This weekend was amazing. Josh and I flew down to Nashville on Thursday afternoon (we picked our flight so that we could go right to lunch at Baja when we landed!) It is always bittersweet going back to a place that you lived and loved. Nashville is where I found my own identity in college and so that time in my life and place will always be special.


The conference was amazing. I can't ever fully express how amazing it is when the first song is sung on Friday. When you have a huge room of people who love to sing and worship (and many that are very vocally blessed!), the sound is heavenly and so powerful. In all my ZOE experiences, I can never sing the first song because I am overcome with chills and tears.

The keynotes with Mike Cope and Brian McLaren were outstanding. There were also three workshop sessions to go to, which is always a hard decision because so many topics look great and so many teachers are wonderful. A lot of teachers at ZOE conferences were teachers of mine in college, and to be able to go back and sit at the feet at someone like Dr. York or Dr. Holloway, who taught me when I was 19, is a meaningful experience. These men will always be mentors and family to me.


12 people from Rochester drove down in a van, so on the breaks it was fun to introduce them to the place we love so much, and as you will be able to tell from the pictures, there were plenty of laughs and good food! (I ate Mexican for 4 meals, and Logans for 2 ) Walking around downtown in the parks and fountains was a blast and downtown is always a neat place to walk around.
The conference was amazing. I can't ever fully express how amazing it is when the first song is sung on Friday. When you have a huge room of people who love to sing and worship (and many that are very vocally blessed!), the sound is heavenly and so powerful. In all my ZOE experiences, I can never sing the first song because I am overcome with chills and tears.
The keynotes with Mike Cope and Brian McLaren were outstanding. There were also three workshop sessions to go to, which is always a hard decision because so many topics look great and so many teachers are wonderful. A lot of teachers at ZOE conferences were teachers of mine in college, and to be able to go back and sit at the feet at someone like Dr. York or Dr. Holloway, who taught me when I was 19, is a meaningful experience. These men will always be mentors and family to me.
12 people from Rochester drove down in a van, so on the breaks it was fun to introduce them to the place we love so much, and as you will be able to tell from the pictures, there were plenty of laughs and good food! (I ate Mexican for 4 meals, and Logans for 2 ) Walking around downtown in the parks and fountains was a blast and downtown is always a neat place to walk around.
After a weekend full of powerful singing, deep thinking, lots of food, and lots of fun.......we were worn out!

Here are links to my photo albums on facebook:
Album 1
Here are links to my photo albums on facebook:
Album 1
6 comments:
Hi Kara! It was so nice meeting you this weekend. It's nice to see you were "on top of the world" in Nashville
I hope you get the chance to come to the Tulsa workshop this next year. 5 days of pure fun!!!
My in-laws live in Farmington Hills so if we ever make it up there, we'll stop in and say hello. For now, I'll see ya from here!
Blessings!
Glad you had a great weekend! It looks like it was a lot of fun!!
Glad you had a great time. I've always wanted to go to a Zoe conference...one day!
I THOUGHT it looked like you had a nose piercing, but I didn't remember you having one when I saw you. Looks cute! Glad you are partaking in healthy "rebellious" activity.
Kara and Vanessa:
Healthy rebellious is right.
That's my woman
Hi Kara, its Jim schultz I had taken pictures of Duncan at the trunk or treat forgot his email, could you pass it on to me so I can send him the pictures thank you
Post a Comment