I love WV, driving in the mountains is the best driving you can get. The city of Charleston is not my favorite, but I would survive! (I lived in Morgantown, WV for 8 years and we made fun of this section of WV as the hillbillies, rednecks, and Marshall fans)
Unfortunately when I got into Charleston, my cell phone had no signal at all which was a little nerve-racking seeing that I couldn't get a hold of anyone in the wedding party or call home to tell anyone that I made it. So a 2 minute phone call to Josh that cost me $6 and I got situated in the room.
The weekend went well, and I was relieved and glad when all of the festivities were over. Being in WV, but not where I grew up was making me a little homesick, so on Saturday during a break I called my friend Deedee)she just had baby Brody two weeks ago. I asked if I could drive up to Morgantown Sunday morning and go to church with her and then see Brody, and she was so excited.
So....early Sunday morning, I was off...driving through the fog and mountains to get to where I spent the longest part of my life. Here are some pictures from the drive:
I had so much fun with Brent and Deedee, we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, and I was amazed at how much my little country/university town had grown up. When I lived there, it was basically a mall, Giant Eagle, and Walmart (and it wasn't even a super walmart!). We would drive to Pittsburgh for shopping trips.
Being back at the church was neat....a lot of faces that I had not seen in a while and I got so many good hugs. Brent told me that I looked so much more beautiful being in "Almost Heaven, WV" than when I was in "Almost Canada" I thought that was funny.
I had forgotten until church started, that Sunday was the 2 year anniversary of Mary dying. Mary's parents were there and we had a good hug and cry as we walked down the hallway of the church that was decorated in artwork from Mary's house.
It was bittersweet to be back in Morgantown, Deedee was hysterical with laughter while I was taking pictures and driving through town as we were going to see Brody. Here are some of those pictures:
This is the Coliseum where the WVU Basketball team plays, connected to it is the Natatorium where I swam competitively for 8 years.
This is the WVU Hospital where Brody is (and where I was after a car accident...) Across from the hospital is the football stadium.
And here is Brody, he is so sweet and I love him so much. I was meaning to head out by 1:30 or so, but I couldn't get up from looking at him until almost 3! He has the cutest feet, and a little tiny smile when his mommy starts talking to him.
3 comments:
Glad you got home safe!
Nice to have you home! Welcome back! The baby is so sweet!
I miss WV, too! Duncan and I are jealous that you got to see WV again, go to church at Morgantown, and see Brody. Thanks for the photos!
Post a Comment