This year was the first year I have ever played on a softball team, our church has always had guys teams, but girls teams have been sporatic. This year we decided to do it and it was so much fun. I learned a lot and played with some great girls who were encouraging and just plain fun to be with!
I asked Megan to play with me, it was perfect timing for us to start playing on saturdays while Duncan was gone and gave us something to do together!
Saturday was the finals. We were up against 3 other teams, one of which was a challenge for us, but in the end we won the whole thing! It wasn't easy, we started at 5 PM and played until 11:30 with no break at all (we had lost our second game which put us in the loser's bracket, so we had to work back up again!). After 5 games, and being extremely sore and tired and hungry, we won 14-7 and took home two trophies!

Woohoo!
2 comments:
Sing it with me: "I paid my dues...time after time..." You should've been there, folks. It was a rocking set of games and the girls, uh, women, stepped up and gritted it out against a very nasty team (the only Christian thing I could determine about them was the name on their uniforms...).
This is one proud daddy!
Woohoo! I wish I could have been there with you playing. I'm so glad you won! It's hard to keep good attitudes against that team - I'm glad you all were able to keep your cool and play with class!
Post a Comment