Easter was such a great day, and it was a wonderful weekend. My voice was about 85% but that was ok, I was just blessed to be a part of such an exciting event! My favorite part was singing with Ida. Ida came to visit Rochester from Uganda and blessed us with her beautiful smile and sweet spirit. Ida's favorite song was "You are the Holy One" So the choir of course sang with her! On Saturday during practice, it was fun to watch her use a microphone for the first time.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. After our practice on Saturday, some of us went to Famous Daves (southern food and sweet tea always helps your voice..haha) and then a few of us girls went and got our toes done. You see, if we were going to wear sandals on a Sunday where there was snow on the ground, we needed some incentive!
At Rochester, we have an Easter tradition where we all bring flowers to put on the cross during the service we attent. Being at all three, it is amazing to watch the crosses transform from something of death to something of life! Let me tell you, buying flowers for Jesus is a huge task too! This isn't just anyone you are buying flowers for! I had to get the prettiest expensive ones I could find at Meijer...because, after all they are for the person who made flowers!
The singing was so fun, when you are surrounded by a group of people who all love to sing it is inspiring, I wish I could have been on the other side to hear what it sounded like and be encouraged that way.
I hope all of your Easter Celebrations were wonderful :)
2 comments:
I know this is a week late but that was such a great Easter service. The chorus added so much to the service. You guys sounded great!
Ash
100% Agree you all sounded great!! Good Job!! :o)
Post a Comment