Ok, so with the wonderful warm weather we had last week I was ready for my allergies and was taking my medicine early to get on top of them. It kinda worked, all except for now I have no voice (laryngitis). And the warm weather is gone....it is snowing outside my window, why do people live in Michigan again?
I am a bit panicked because I am singing on Saturday and Sunday for Easter from 7:45-1:00. I can't have this scratchy coaky throat! So, I need all your hints on how to get a voice back fast!
This is what I have done so far:
drank over 150 ounces of water
teaspoons of honey
chloraseptics
gargle warm salt water
not talking much
hot tea
oranges
Any hints?
6 comments:
I think watching ever Tigers game this week with your husband might cure your throat problems...ok, maybe not.
How about going online and buying Pistons playoff tickets...ok, maybe not.
How about watching the Garth Brooks look a like video from you tube again...ok, maybe not.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003054.htm
I got nothing! I am always sick. I don't know if it is alergies, or being around kids all the time. It never fails. I think I have a cold more than not!
But, I will let you know if a 7 night cruise cures my cold!!
Katie
Sorry, no helpful suggestions here...although I'll pray...that usually seems to help. =) AND I make a pretty good pot of homemade chicken and rice/noodle soup! Let me know if you want an order of that. Feel better! xo Shan
Drinking water is the best thing! Good news - usually even if your speaking voice is gone, your singing voice is still around! I'll be praying for you!
YES I have hints. I work in a health food store. A couple of weeks ago I was sneezing and having lots of oozy stuff. I tried treating myself for a cold but it didn't work. I had been in denial. Then I realized, I do have allergies. I did a little research. I started using "Aller-Free" by a company called Pure Essence. It is an enzyme preparation that really works. I sell lots of it in the store and have had lots of feedback from my customers about it. I followed the directions exactly on the bottle. I made sure I took my vitamin C. I started taking an amino acid supplement: NAC. I started using as needed a homeopathic nasal spray for allergies called bio allers. By the end of 2 days I felt normal.
But her voice was beautiful anyway last Sunday! You did a fantastic job, Princess.
Post a Comment