The number one thing that I love about being in Rochester is the group of young adults that have grown together and have become great friends here. I am so blessed to have the relationships here that I do, and our small group experiences continue to be the highlight of my week!
A couple weeks ago, we had our 2nd Annual Triad Retreat, it was amazing! It is always nice to get away and relax, but this weekend was so much more. Reg Cox was our speaker and he really challenged us and gave us excitement to grow deeper, the worship times were so intimate and powerful, and we all just enjoyed having a weekend in community, whether it was playing softball, small group time, eating, or laughing like kids in our bunks.
At breakfast on Sunday, a few of us from our normal small group were talking and one thing led to another and soon enough we had super plans for this past Sunday. Our small group all went to second service and then left for the Tigers game!! It was a gorgeous day, we had perfect seats and the hot dogs were especially tasty!
The Tigers played the White Sox, in the 8th inning we were thinking that it was just a so-so game...that was until Marcus Thames hit a home run and we all went crazy! The game ended up going to 12 innings so we got extra fun for our money.
After the game, we ate at a little restaurant (probably wouldn't recomment it to anyone, but we still had fun). Once dinner was finished we went to the Kline's house. The Klines are part of our small group and live in downtown Detroit so it worked out perfect! We had a great time in worship and prayer before we all decided to meet at DQ and get blizzards! I guess we just couldn't get enough of eachother.
1 comment:
I'm glad you all had a good time at the game. Megan told me you were going - can't wait til I get to my first game this season!
Post a Comment