Sunday, August 20, 2006

Woodward Dream Cruise

So every year there is a huge event up here in Michigan where people drive their classic cars up and down Woodward all weekend. I have never gone before, and have always heard about how much fun it was. Two of my friends, Adam and Caroline, actually met at the cruise back in high school! I have always wanted to experience the cruise for myself, so this year, my brother took me along with my mom and dad.

My brother has a 1974 Gran Torino (the blue version of the Starsky and Hutch car). When he first got this car, our family would watch about 2 episodes every night of Starsky and Hutch. Duncan even got the leather jacket and sunglasses like Starsky. Last year, our tradition was to go to the Village every Monday night and participate in the car show. (Ok, so really we just parked his car there and then walked down to Maggie Moos and ate yummy ice cream!)

Here are some pictures from our cruise.....make sure to take a good look at the van with the sign on top of it.......... My brother also has my wedding picture in his car...how sweet is that? He is the best brother you could ever possibly have.

4 comments:

Sean Stockman said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! Duncan's car is beautiful. Hey if I ever need my house re-roofed I am calling those guys.

PatrickMead said...

Wow! Who's the hot girl beside you in the back seat of the Torino???? I GOTTA get her number!!!

Anonymous said...

Kara,

Got here from your dad's blog. I love the car pictures. Interesting "box message" on the top of the van. I wonder how he drive it in a parking garage.

Anyway, God bless.

Anonymous said...

Woodward Cruise! I am glad that you had fun. I cannot believe that I met Adam 10 years ago there!! I had no idea then that a flashy car would result in a husband!! Duncan better be careful you never know what you will drag in!!