Thursday, August 31, 2006

Work Around the House

For those of you who have moved into a new home, you know the things that I am still learning.

A: your to-do list not only doesn't seem to be shrinking, but it seems to be growing at a fast rate.
B: houses come with unexpected things to pay for every week (for example: a washing machine when your house floods an hour before you have company!)

C: You really like it when it rains because that means God is paying to water your lawn and you don't have to!

I am excited for my projects to be done so that everything will have a place and it will feel like a comfortable home. Here are some before and after pictures to show you how the rooms have changed.


This is how the old owners had this room and then how it is today.


The owners bathroom vs. my bathroom.

The living room before................................and after!

I still have to paint a couple more rooms and then I am onto light fixtures! We now have a guest room with a real bed so anyone who wants to visit has a place to stay!

3 comments:

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

KG, It's looking great! I'm sure Josh has been a big help in selecting paint and decorations.
Ash

PatrickMead said...

Extreme Makeover, Rochester style! Cool changes, Princess. Let me know if I can help. Not that I'm qualified... but after 28 years with your mother I have learned how to stand around in Home Depot-type stores so if you need that, I'm here for you.

Burcham Family said...

Your house looks really nice! You've done a great job decorating - and if Josh is anything like Jason, he didn't really care what I did to the house. He just helped when I asked for it :)