NCAA Tournament
![]()

I grew up in a place called Morgantown, WV...home of West Virginia University. I swam with the Mountainer Aquatic Club in the Natatorium which was next door to the Coliseum where the Mountaineers played basketball. My family along with everyone else from my church (Mountaineer Sports are a BIG deal in Morgantown) would get tickets every year and watch them play, and everyday during swim practice, my team would go inside the Coliseum and run stairs while the 'eers were practicing. So, to say the least, I have a long history with that basketball team.
I know live in Rochester, MI which is only 15 minutes from The
Palace of Auburn Hills where the Pistons play. The Palace held the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament this past weekend. My 'eers made it! Josh and I bought tickets and had a blast at the game. We got down into the lower bowl and were only a few rows away from the court. To hear the WVU band again and shout all the cheers was the best, I was so proud that my hometeam was in my new home playing! Let's Gooooooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!
The following are some pictures from yesterday.


How bout them 'eers?
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! I think we saw you on TV, we saw someone with a yellow shirt on. That MUST have been you! Was Josh reading a book? If he was then that was definitely you guys. Wow how cool.
Go Mountaineers! You're right, Kara: after living in WV you will always have WV with you. Semper Montani Liberi -- Mountaineers are always free! (but the tickets to the game aren't)
Post a Comment