Josh's birthday is tomorrow, and this past week, Josh was out of town taking a group of Rochester College students to the Bronx for a mission trip. I was struggling with what to get him for his birthday--I am one of those that has to find the "perfect" gift.

On Sunday as I went into his office to hang my coat up it hit me: I am going to do re-do his office. We didn't do anything to it when he first moved in, so the walls were still awful colors and beat up from use. Now, when I say awful, the picture doesn't do justice. One wall was Navy blue, one wall was white, and two walls were neon Nickelodeon green. Awful.
On Sunday, I set out my plan and this is how it went: Sunday I bought all of the supplies and decor. Monday was move furniture day, Tuesday was taping the room and spackling. Wednesday was paint day, Thursday and Friday were moving everything back, organizing and hanging everything up.

Around 6P.M. on Saturday, I saw the Rochester Church van pull up Avon Rd. He told me he had to run and let someone in the building to get something (lucky for me I didn't have to make up a lame excuse to get him to go into his office!). He was shocked and amazed at what I did, and totally surprised....I thought for sure he knew something was up because I know I was vague all week on the phone. I am so glad to have been able to pull it off, I am so proud of him and what he does, and he deserves to have a great office to work in.
(Thank you to "Painting 911" a.k.a. Vicki Lindsey and Tessa for their help. Most importantly to "Roomie" a.k.a. Elizabeth Bumpus for all those hours spent watching Trading Spaces on that little TV way up high on that shelf!)
So....Happy Birthday Josh, I love you!
7 comments:
AWW! Happy Birthday Josh! Kara you are a great wife! Take Care You Guys!! ;) SO happy you have a site.. i can see whats going on now!!! yay!
As the recipient of Kara's gift (actually Kara's names means gift in Greek but she's Scottish...)--my office is incredible.
Thank you beautiful. You are a blessing to my journey. These words of mine...from my heart... I love you, I love you, I love you.
JG
Hey Kara, Very clever gift! All those hours watching TLC with me really paid off! Love you, Elizabeth
Looks good Kara! The color looks like it turned out great. I keep forgetting to go in and look at it in person. I am going to try and remember tomorrow night. Hope Josh had a great birthday!
Kelly
p.s - that coffee table looks familiar...Lori??
And I'm glad to see my picture made it on a preachers wall :)
She didn't tell you that she was wounded in this mission. She tore open a toe, bled a lot, and is still limping. What a trooper! Tough girls, those Scottish lassies.
Kara,
That looks great. I am impressed! Wish my office looked better! My birthday is coming up at the end of the month. Maybe I'll have to bring this up when we get together with y'all in a week or two!
Grace, erm
Kara,
This was a wonderful gift! I think it turned out great!! I was at Adams office on Wednesday and I think he could use some of your tips!!! You are such a great girl!!!
Post a Comment