We started our day 2 off by heading to the Disneyland gates and going to our second character meal- a breakfast at Plaza Inn. Again, amazing food, selection and so many characters! Character meals are the thing to do- then you don't have to search for the characters all over the park and you have eaten enough food that you don't need a snack. . . that is until you pass the churro cart. . . or the mickey bars. . .oh or the pineapple dole whips. . . who am I kidding, I love to eat.
Ok, back to breakfast. I really should just write one blog on this breakfast but how much better can a day start than a big squeeze from Pooh bear? Notice Captain Hook in the background has his eyes on us. . .
A little family picture before we went in to eat. Notice our cooler weather attire- it was perfect weather and I think a lot of Californians were kept away because it was cooler which worked out perfect for us-- again, a weekend without waiting in a long line is a miracle!
My sweet birthday boy and his birthday hat, Disney does special treatment right.
Let the character hugs begin!
We got to see Chip and Dale again!
Love his face when he sees Rafiki.
Oh wait, where did Lucas go?!
Ok. This might be my most favorite photo. Actually I think I've said that about a few so far, but truly this is hysterical. Lucas would not give Captain Hook the time of day. When I asked why he wouldn't say hi, he said "Mom, Captain Hook is a villain, we don't talk to villains". Ok true. This is also the response Lucas gave Alladin- but that is because he has a crush on Jasmine and Alladin is the competition.
Birthday Breakfast dance time!
I've got my eye on you Lucas and so does Captain Hook!
Pretty sure Lucas' ears turned the same color as Minnie's dress when she came over to kiss him. He was smitten for sure, and so was Finn for that matter.
However, Finn was also smitten over these mickey waffles. The food was just delish. I filled my plate with an omelet, waffles, juicy pineapple, pastries, and yummy coffee. And I went back for seconds. . . and maybe thirds on the pineapple.
Captain Hook just wouldn't stay away, I think he was determined to get Lucas' attention but as you can see, his head was turned. Finn was pretty amazed by him surprisingly.
Our bellies are full and we are ready to enter the land of magic, rides, and more good food of course ;) Obligatory family photo in front of Mr. Walt and Snow White's castle.
I mean, seriously. This is the magic of Disney. Tink is one of Lucas' favorite characters and he is holding her. Do you see that sweet expression? Melt me. Disney should charge more for this magical memory making.
Two brothers, hand in hand, walking into a day of awe and magic.
One of my favorite rides: Dumbo!
We went to the Mad Hatter's Shop to get Lucas' ears and had to try on a few others.
If there is one regret I have, it is that I didn't buy these when we were there. However, I have some Disney-holic friends that visit often so I may have to bribe them to make a purchase for me. These hats are just too cute and would make a great Halloween costume for brothers.
The day can now progress, we officially have our ears.
The spinning tea-cups are not my favorite. My old age of 30 doesn't love the spinning around, but I will do it every time to see his sweet smile and hear his infectious giggles as he whips us around.
The longest line we waited in was to see the fairies, but we of course had to do it and the hugs were worth it.
Especially when Finn actually let me put him down and he went right to Tink for a hug.
Poor Tink, hope the sweet hug was worth it because when I picked him up he had a rather smelly diaper. Oops. Sorry Tink.
Time to take an afternoon rest on Minnie's couch.
Say, after that nice little nap, what does Minnie have in here to snack on?
Happy Happy Boy. Hanging out with his girlfriend again.
Lucas' pose cracks me up. He got to go first out of our big group of people to see Mickey since it was his birthday. He ran in and gave the mouse a huge hug.
See this roller coaster? Lucas wanted to ride it so off we went! He is such a tall kid that he was able to ride most things which was awesome.
Up we go!
Wheeeeee! I love Lucas' face. He was terrified but as soon as it was over kept talking about how awesome it was.
Mickey Bar anyone?
It's parade time! We got stuck in a line and didn't get to the parade route when I thought we should have so I was a little nervous about getting to a place where we could see and wouldn't you know it, we found ourselves in the most perfect spot with the most perfect view.
Now, this parade was spectacular- as all things Disney are- and with Lucas' button, every.single.character blew a kiss, waved, or came over to say Happy Birthday. Down to the ride operators, people taking trash out, or a person in a show- everyone said "Happy Birthday Lucas!" When we walked by. He really thought everyone was there for his birthday party.
A wave and a kiss from Snow White was Lucas' very favorite.
All these kiss-blowing and birthday wishing for my boy was making me quite teary.
Maybe I should go back and get my own pair of ears. They do suit me well if I do say so myself. . .
Mr. Finn got a new little Winnie the Pooh as his gift. It was only fair, big brother was taking home a gold mine worth of Cars.
We decided we would end our Disney adventure where we started. Cars Land.
The Tractor Pull was our last ride of the trip, a perfect ending!
We walked back tired, happy, and full of great memories. And a little tearful that it was over and we would go back to "real" life the next day. And let me tell you, going from Disney to the LA Airport is quite a culture shock.
Thank you Disney for keeping us kids, keeping us dreaming and making us feel so much joy. But most of all, making my little soon to be 4 year old boy feel on top of the world.




No comments:
Post a Comment