Well, I have never been this behind on my blog. And the farther I get behind, the more daunting the task to catch up. I will catch up though, it's on my to-do list in bold and my type A self just can't let something sit there without being crossed off so here goes. . .
Back to where we left off. Lucas had a rough week of being sick, his first time really of being so sick. Valentines morning I took a picture of my two love-birds and couldn't help but notice how thin and pale my sweet boy was. Poor thing definitely lost some weight. Then mom totally wasn't thinking- he had been fine for 48 hours so I sent him on to school where it was Valentine Party day, his little tummy wasn't ready for all the milk, juice, and treats so I got a call late in the afternoon to come get him. With daddy being gone all week at Lipscomb that was all it took for me to start crying so not only did I have to pick up my child early, I looked like a crazy woman doing it but thankfully the teachers there all understand and remember what it was like so I was greeted with big hugs and encouragement.
My sweet 16 month old. He loves balloons. I mean a balloon is his love language and once he has one, it is all he cares about until it deflates and mommy secretly disposes of it. Sweet thing just holds on the string and watches it bob up and down. He can now make the sound for monkeys and cows and is a pro at signing "all done, please, and more"
I take note of all firsts. Even first Toms. Especially when they are this adorable.
Our daddy left us for a trip to Russia so we tried to keep busy, have lots of fun, and eat out at least once a day :) The boys are really starting to have times of playing with each other, I love the giggles when they chase and scare each other.
Finn is loving books. He will sit and look through them for awhile, or crawl in my lap and hand me a book to read to him.
This handsome buddy is growing up way too fast. He is so smart and so funny and comes up with the best conversations. Like when he brought the Bible to me and said, "this book tells how much God loves you" He also told me about how God "faithed-ed" David so that he would be brave.
Playing with animals and learning what sounds they make is a new favorite game. Finn also learned how to blow kisses!
When Josh used to leave on trips I would always have a big project to keep me occupied, so I decided to repaint my old desk. It was an awful oak color and I honestly was going to craigslist it until a friend suggested I repaint it. I am so glad she said that because it is the perfect size for Lucas and how meaningful for him to now use the same desk I did as a little girl.
At the end of the month, Finn tried to learn how to jump by watching Lucas (who is an exceptional jumper). It was quite hilarious. Sweet thing just couldn't get the belly and bum to cooperate and let him get up.

1 comment:
Welcome back! I've missed reading about your life!
Post a Comment