Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One Month Later.

Well, one month ago, Finn turned 1. That is also the last time I updated this blog, so a lot has happened!  We have had such a fun month, filled with busy times, fun events, company, and lots of laughs!

One of our favorite events is Ghouls at Grassmere, a trick or treating event at our zoo. They have hayrides, games, spooky carousel rides, bounce houses, and lots more. Here are my "zoo animals" before we went on in. 



Lucas insisted that I dress up, so I went to the attic and dug out my costume, the one I have worn since I was maybe 12 or 13. I know, I am so original. Lucas was pretty impressed though and that is all that matters. We had so much fun and ended with a late night dinner with friends at Burger Republic. Lucas was so worn out that he fell asleep on the table. . .as in snoring asleep. 

We had a blast cheering on our Detroit Tigers! Too bad the World Series wasn't more exciting, but we are so proud to be Tigers and proud of our team!

We did our family pictures this month as well (hence the new cover photo up top) by my sweet friend Darci. She is so gifted, and just one of the best people you could know and get to be around. I told Lucas if he did a good job and was a team player for the pictures, he could shave with daddy. (We had bought a Spiderman shaving kit just for the occasion.)

Lucas and Daddy were so cute shaving together, and as soon as they were done, Lucas was so proud and asked if he could now go to work with daddy. 

My grandparents came to visit! I was so excited and Lucas was too--he ran out in the driveway when they arrived and gave big hugs saying, "I have missed you so much!" The boys had a blast, and I am pretty sure Nana and Papa did too. What a blessed girl I am to have my Nana and Papa.


Finn really enjoyed Papa's Donald Duck voice.

Sugar was here with us too and the boys of course ate that time up. Sugar is so good to them and so present in their world.

Trunk or Treat at Otter Creek was so much fun, I love the time to just see everyone and visit and watch the kids being cute. 



Crosby and Lucas. Oh these two melt my heart. When they saw each other, they just burst into giggles, hugging each other, showing off their tails, tackling each other, and more giggles. 






Danielle is one of my best friends and I just love that little owl :)

As if we couldn't have any more pumpkin fun, we still had a pumpkin patch visit to go:


 4 years of Lucas at Walden Farm.


Last but not least (and this was after another school Halloween party--we got some good use out of this costume!) was trick or treating in Burkitt Place! Oh the amount of candy. Lucas was hysterical. Running with shrieks to each house that had a porch light on. Ringing the door bell, banging on the door, and shouting, "I am here, can you hear me? I am coming to trick or treat!"


Finn was quite enamored with the Christmas tree being put up. He kept crawling behind the couch and peeking out at it.


Look at this buddy--he is WALKING! He took his first steps during halftime of the Bama game to Randal. So exciting. 

We took Lucas to the Battle of the Blvd game this year, the Bisons didn't win but we still had a lot of fun. Lucas even got to play out on the court afterwards which I am pretty sure is all he will remember.

So. . .one month later, one blog later. Happy 13 month birthday Finn!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow. How many memories can you squeeze into a month? I have so much fun watching all of you have fun. Thanks for sharing.