The beginning of last week brought what makes every mom's heart drop. . .when you wake up in the middle of the night and hear that barky cough come from one of your children. Lucas woke up with a croup cough and a 104 fever. Poor thing had to miss school and bible class. We went to the doctor when his fever wasn't coming down and they confirmed it was just a virus that needed rest and popsicles. As we left the doctor, Lucas said, "but momma, I still have a cough, now who is going to fix me?" Bless.
One of the highlights of my week was celebrating the birth of Jane Claire with a Sip N See. It was a beautiful evening, remembering two little girls who are missed so much and their beautiful older sister who proves that God works miracles. Danielle is the strongest mommy I know. Here are all the hostesses and the honorees :)
Ok. The reason for the title of this blog. I had that song running through my head as we took Lucas to his last day of his first year of school. This year has gone by so incredibly fast, and he has grown so much! Our family has grown! On this day, I was keenly aware of how precious these moments really are.
It takes a village to raise a child, and I am incredibly blessed to have this school and its amazing teachers in our village. That first day, Miss Pat took Lucas out of my car and wished me a good day. I was frozen, I couldn't remember how to put my car in drive. I found myself in a puddle of tears not able to leave the parking lot, but only able to cry with my friend Courtney who was also unable to leave.
Fast forward to a boy who is now an older brother, mastering potty training, able to count so high, sing precious songs, say the books of the Bible, be a sweet helper, say beautiful prayers, and most of all be aware of God's presence. The last day was a popsicle party-a long tradition held to celebrate the beginning of summer. I found myself on that last day in a puddle of tears again, not knowing how I would find it in me to drive my sweet boy away from these friends and teachers that have been such an important part of our life this year. Oh, what a sentimental, hormonal mess I am!
Daddy and Lucas
Purple popsicles were the choice of Lucas and Leighton
Miss Julie had put together a book of memories, pictures, and art from the whole year for each parent, Lucas was so proud of it. Of course, it made me cry.
Here are some comparison photos, our last day of school with the big red doors.
The little 2 year old on opening day for school on the new campus.
I mean, really, this boy has grown in incredible ways!
Be still my beating heart.
This past week also brought these sweet greetings in the morning from my sweet Finn: It think it is time to lower that mattress!
Finn started waking up in the middle of the night wanting to see us and be rocked, we decided it was time to try a little crying it out. It only took one night, and now sweet thing can be laid down completely awake for naps and nights and go to sleep on his own. What a rockstar.
31 Weeks! He started babbling on my birthday, saying mamamam bababa bla lalal and you better believe I am counting that as saying mama for the first time ;) Hey, it was my birthday!
Happy Summer break to us! It will be a good summer, I have a whole list of activities to keep us busy, and between swim lessons, days with Dele, day camp with Miss Betsy, a trip to CO, possible trip to TX, and vacation, I think this summer will fly by!



No comments:
Post a Comment