Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Pool is Open!

For Finn's 32nd week birthday, we celebrated our neighborhood pool opening! We love our pool, it has great spaces for all kinds of pool play but this momma's favorite is the baby pool where Lucas can play with his toys, and Finn can float around in his float by kicking his feet off the bottom.


Our Otter Creek Children's Ministry planned monthly fun for the little ones, and this month was a playground play date with packed lunches and popsicles. I was able to just take Lucas on my own which was so fun for both of us, I could help him and play with him when he needed but then I could sit and talk with my friends as well. I took this photo of Lulu and Leilei when they were on their 3rd popsicle. Hey. . .it was hot, but they were too "cool" to notice ;)

Well, the second day at the pool brought Finn's first injury and it was definitely my fault. I am thankful that it doesn't look as bad in the photo as it did in real life, but my mommy heart hurt pretty bad--probably more than he actually did. 
 It was such a hot weekend, I am talking 96 degrees, intense sun, and sweat rolling off of your whole body. To escape the heat, we had a great, relaxing evening of swimming, eating, and spending time with some precious friends this past weekend and I captured the following photos:



 Of course the brothers are matchy matchy in their gingham swim trunks with American Flags embroidered on them. Of course ;)

Look who surprised us by driving to Nashville overnight! We got to have lunch with Duncan and Megan before they headed back to MI--Lucas even got in a truck ride around the block :) It was priceless to see Lucas' face when Uncle D drove down the road, he loves his Uncle D!

Evening Swim. Chlorine smelling, wrapped in a towel, baby goodness. 


1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow. They drove all that way for lunch! Ah, the joys of youth....