Monday, May 14, 2012

Introducting: Dr. Daddy!

We just had the most fun family weekend! After Lucas was done with school on Thursday, we packed up the car and headed to Atlanta to celebrate Josh's graduation weekend from Columbia Theological Seminary. We had a leisurely drive down with a stop for dinner and made it in time for bed! 

Our hotel was great- right in Buckhead which was where the church was located for Josh's graduation. Buckhead was gorgeous, and I loved the vibe of the area, so neat with trendy outdoor restaurants, landscaping, outdoor spaces, and stores galore all within walking distance. 

Lucas wasn't sure about this new place but quickly thought it was so fun to sleep in a big "comfy" bed and requested that mommy sleep with him, so we had two double beds and a pack and play so the room was pretty full ;) I only woke up with about 256 bruises--who knew how much a 3 year old could move around while they slept!

We played in the hotel room for awhile in the morning while Josh had rehearsal and then we set off downtown Atlanta! Check out my two cuties having a blast checking out all the sights and sounds of the city:

 We found a great green space that Lucas loved running around. I don't think the pigeons appreciated being chased all over, but Lucas had fun;) 


We had hot dogs at that little eatery outside by the grass before heading into the Georgia Aquarium. Of course my boys had matchy matchy shark outfits!
 The tanks were breathtaking they were so huge, and the fish and sharks were incredible. They had whale sharks in this tank and I can't even guess how big they were.



We spent about 4 hours in the aquarium, neither brother got a nap in but they both were great and had so much fun. The dolphin show was most everyone's favorite part, and we even sat in the splash zone. 

After our fun day downtown, we went back to our hotel and walked down the street to a trendy Mexican restaurant (Cantina) and had some great food before we went to bed and prepared for the big day.

Graduation was first thing in the morning, and since our clocks were set one hour earlier than Atlanta time, it was really early, but with some good hotel breakfast and sweet boys we were good to go! 

The church- Peachtree Presbyterian was just gorgeous, and huge. They offered childcare which was a lifesavor, I wasn't sure how I would manage being present for graduation and keeping them both calm and happy. 

The ceremony- I was so proud to see Josh walk in! What a great moment that he has worked so hard for since 2008.  It still doesn't seem real that there won't be anymore 2 week trips to Atlanta and late night stacks of books waiting to be read. The ceremony was meaningful and spiritual and hearing them call Josh's name, and watching him as he received his diploma and hood was a special moment.

My favorite photo of the day, as soon as I came out of the church to find him, this was what I caught with my phone as he was talking to a classmate.


Surprise! I knew for a few weeks, but it was a total surprise for Josh. I can't even tell you how much it meant to us all that Randal and Dele would drive all the way down to Atlanta to be a part of this day. Special, special people. Lucas about came out of his skin when Dele was there to pick him up from the church nursery!

Dr. and Mrs. Joshua Graves. I like the sound of that :)
 Our Nashville family.

I mean, having a doctorate is impressive and all, but check out those cute boys! I mean, seriously. 



We all had lunch at Cheesecake and then I had a fun little stop at the Ballard Designs Outlet before we headed back to Nashville! We are so proud of our Dr. Daddy!

And. . .we are so proud of this 30 week old who is crawling, and smiling up a storm! Oh, and eating a lot too. I am already nervous about my grocery bill in 10 years. Donations accepted.

1 comment:

Sarah O. said...

I bought the same matching shark outfits for my boys at Coco Bonbons that day! Too cute.

Congrats to Josh!