Saturday, February 11, 2012

First Road Trip

We successfully took our first road trip with the boys, and it went GREAT. They were so good. I only took my phone for photos, so I will download those later. When you get home from a road trip it feels like it will take a week to get everything back in its place and clean, so no time to get the phone connected just yet. 

As I said, the boys were amazing, we made the trip in 8 hours both ways with only one stop. Half way on our way to MI, I unveiled that this whole time, Mommy has had a DVD player in the car. The look of surprise and shock on Lucas' face was priceless. And the quiet and seamless ride because of movie watching was equally as priceless.

Family time was great, I love watching Lucas was his little cousins. I even made the hour drive to Rochester to see my brother and sister and their new house along with my sweet group of MI friends. Once you learn how to be wives and mommies together, you are always bonded and these dinners are special. It is good to be home, getting back into our routines. Thankfully, the boys and I are not traveling anytime in the near future and that is so nice.

Ok. So, what you have been waiting for, the 17 week photo. I had to do it showing his chubby arms and legs because the chubby is just yummy. He is a delight, he barely ever cries, just smiles and laughs and is content to be held or sit and watch what is going on around us. (and with a 2 year old there is plenty to watch!) He is getting good at sucking on his thumb and reaching and grabbing things, I am guessing by next week he will have mastered the putting toes in the mouth milestone. We go to our 4 month appointment next week and I am looking forward to seeing the numbers of his progress. 


A couple funny stories for you:

 Lucas did not eat his lunch one day but really wanted M&Ms. I said no. After he asked about 20 times and I said no 20 times, he resorted to singing. "God made the big round M&M's....." and "The itsy bitsy spider. . .down came the M&Ms" 

With about 2 hours left to go in our trip, Lucas began asking "may I be excused from my chair please"? I guess that is the 2 year old version of "are we there yet"?

As we came over the hill into our neighborhood, you can see all the beautiful hills of TN. Lucas showed us that he had been in flat MI for a few days by saying, "Look mommy, mountains, we are in Colorado"!!!

No comments: